• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Headphones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
idk
What headphones are you rockin?

i got wireless bluetooth headphones and skullcandy rasta earbuds that are both good for skating and snowboarding

how bout you guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have SkullCandy Low Rider's in red/white.. I had the Smokin' Buds, but they stopped working randomly.

Both are very nice sets of headphones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Two Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 PROs (screw the rubbers, I need the foamies)
Superfi-UE-SF5Pro_3.jpg

One cheap Sony headphones that I don't know the name of because it's used for my jogging.

One Ultimate Ears UE 5 PRO (custom molded IEM)
http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/products/custom/ue5pro_description.php
UE-11.jpg

Pictured is the UE-11 but this is the general shape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
shure e2g for when i travel

sennheiser mx75 sport for the gym

apple iphone headset for when i drive and have to talk on the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I had Logitech Noise Cancelling Headphones, which had great sound, but the build quality is pretty bad and they broke. I want to buy Bose QuietComfort II or III now. They're beautiful, but expensive :(. Does anyone have them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
etymotic Er4s.

jah

Reaction score
i have a pair of custom molded ear buds. they isolate the sound as much as possible (lots of sound gets conducted through your body anyways) and have built in sound drivers. since they isolate the sound and fit way far into the ear they are efficient and good for situations where the manufacturer did not provide the wattage to drive anything less.

the sound is very good. They dont fall out at the gym. i wear them in the motorcycle helmet for hours at a time. with these in your ears and a mp3 going you will not hear anything else.

ear wax and junk is a problemo with the sound driver and these soft plastic units come apart so you can attempt to clean them. i had a hard plastic pair which went dead because of the junk accumulated in them, the hard plastic units sounded even better tho.

i got them two different colors left right so after a few beers you could still get them in your head ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
Sony MDR Professional

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
I LOVE the vModa Vibes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i have been wondering what to get.. i saw some on apple.com for like $400 are those worth it in my opinion no head phone is worth that much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

Do you have 700$ to throw away?

What a waste of moolha! You wudnt know the difference between a 350$ Headphone and a 700$ one. So maybe you can get something for 350$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Do you have 700$ to throw away?

What a waste of moolha! You wudnt know the difference between a 350$ Headphone and a 700$ one. So maybe you can get something for 350$

I do, as an audiophile and someone who has very sensitive hearing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
can you tell the difference between a really good 350$ headphone and a equally good 700$ one? I bet nobody can. But I guess when your profession demands it you tend to go for the most expensive as it automatically deemed to be the best.

I listen to a lot of music but I think my Bose QC3 doesn't perform any better than my 25$ Sony.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
The Bose QC3 doesn't have amazing sound. Your paying for the noise-canceling technology.

Anyways, I've got Etymotic ER-4is which I love, as well as Sennheiser PX 250s and MX 75 sport for working out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Bose QC3 doesn't have amazing sound. Your paying for the noise-canceling technology.

Anyways, I've got Etymotic ER-4is which I love, as well as Sennheiser PX 250s and MX 75 sport for working out.

350$ + tax for noise canceling tech ? I doubt it. People expect it to perform amazingly when they pay top dollars for it.

QC3 was infact a gift from someone. I would never waste money like that.

Btw PXC has a battery pack to carry? I can never do that.

I also have a shure e2c which is really what I like but that kind of style is not for me coz its just a hassle to get it on.

I can never ever find a headphone and a Hat which will fit me perfect.:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Apple iPod OEM headphones. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
350$ + tax for noise canceling tech ? I doubt it. People expect it to perform amazingly when they pay top dollars for it.

QC3 was infact a gift from someone. I would never waste money like that.

Btw PXC has a battery pack to carry? I can never do that.

I also have a shure e2c which is really what I like but that kind of style is not for me coz its just a hassle to get it on.

I can never ever find a headphone and a Hat which will fit me perfect.:[
my bad, I have the PX 200s which don't have a battery pack, and they are very compact and light and have much better sound than I ever expected. They are not earbuds or in-ear if that is what you are looking for

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
ipod headphones for the ipod

and

some Panasonic's for DJ'ing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.