iTunes .ogg support

N

nickm1122

w/ the new itunes the vorbis .ogg encoder doesnt like to work well...it hangs up for 3 - 7 seconds at a time and just runs sloppy...anyone know of another .ogg encoder i can download for compatibility w/ itunes and .ogg files??

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not too sure. You could always stop using .ogg files ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Id suggest the same, why bother when you can use so many other formats like aiff, aac, mp3, etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Um ok....why exactly is that? If it's so superior I wonder why no one is using it....hmmm... ;)

OP
J

jeremy

schweb said:
Um ok....why exactly is that? If it's so superior I wonder why no one is using it....hmmm... ;)

Probably the same reason as why everyone uses windows! ;)

I don't know really. I don't know how it compares exactly to the other formats that iTunes supports, but it's compression:quality ratio seems good, it sounds much crispier than mp3 and it's a totally free format.

More info here:
http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/

Other than that though, all my music is encoded in OGG, it'd take way too long to re-encode all my CDs but also all these formats are lossy so you lose information moving from one format to another.

Haven't noticed the same problems as the original poster but iTunes doesn't seem to be skipping to the next song at the end of OGG songs. :S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.