Mixer into iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2015 15", Powerbook G4 17" 2004
On my pc i used to just plug my mixer which has cdj's plugged into them, into the line in port, so that i could record what ever was being played through the mixer.

How is this done on the iMac?

Sorry if this is a noob question, its just i would like to record sets through audacity and i don't know how to do it.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
There is a line in on the back of the imac (next to the headphone socket i think) - I plug my guitar and korg kaossilator into it and record using garageband.

If your getting no sound coming through, open up garageband, click add real instrument and on the right hand side turn the "monitor" ON.

If you still don't get anything, open up system pref. and make sure you are getting a signal coming through. Can't remember which, but there are some simple settings in there you might need to check.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2015 15", Powerbook G4 17" 2004
Legend!

Cheers mate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Glossy Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 30gb iPod Video
So you recommend using GarageBand to record it, or is there a better software package out there for it? I myself am very much interested in getting this same thing to work with my MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
There is better.
Free app: Audacity (do a search in google) - similar to Cool Edit Pro if you have ever used that.

Adobe Audition is another, more powerful application. But not free.

And apple make one called Logic. YOu can get an express version or a "pro" version. Apparently very good, but I have never used it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.