NetBeuii Protocol

Reaction score
Trying to connect my Macbook Pro to my Windows PC via my hub to see my ISP........already have broadband connected through my PC.
How can I make my Mac see past Netbeuii ProtocolMac is not compatable with Windows......... phewy to that) or is it just simpler to use a Wireless connection.........hope this makes sense to someone.

In other words I can't connect my Mac to the internet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Please do not Cross Post the same message in different forums.

Are you talking about the old NetBeui protocol?

OP
D
Reaction score
Please do not Cross Post the same message in different forums.

Are you talking about the old NetBeui protocol?

Sorry dtravis7. As you can see my first post......not sure where to post it.....thought it would be better here. It won't happen again.
I am not aware old or new sorry.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry dtravis7. As you can see my first post......not sure where to post it.....thought it would be better here. It won't happen again.
I am not aware old or new sorry.

Don't worry about it, just was letting you know.

The only Network Protocol I know of with that basic spelling is Netbeui. It's a very old Protocol. Doubt OSX would support it but then again never even checked.

I was trying to figure out what exactly you wanted to do so I can better help you.

Do you have your PC connected to the Net and want to have both the Mac and the PC connected at the same time?

OP
D
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, just was letting you know.

The only Network Protocol I know of with that basic spelling is Netbeui. It's a very old Protocol. Doubt OSX would support it but then again never even checked.

I was trying to figure out what exactly you wanted to do so I can better help you.

Do you have your PC connected to the Net and want to have both the Mac and the PC connected at the same time?

Dtravis7
Gday yes I may have the spelling wrong, however this is the problem. have an existing PC connected to the net, broadband unlimited gigs.
purchased a month ago the Macbook Pro and would like to connect it through a hub to the Net at the same time.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What would really work for what you want to do is a router. Are you using DSL? Cable? A router between the DSL/Cable modem and the 2 computers. A good router will give you a hardware Firewall also which is a plus.

There are other ways to do what you want but to me that is the best. I have many computers, both PC's and Macs and they are all on the net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
Hey,

Samba is what UNIX computers use to "talk" to Windows pc's. Its really NETBUEII under a different guise, and all u need to do is set up file/print sharing on your PC, then connect to it via your MAC. Goto Finder, Go, Connect to server then type "smb://servername/ to mount the samba share.

P.S. Samba is the most recent update of Windows/OSX networking protocol, but CIFS is now
used in most Linux distro's instead of SMB.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey,

Samba is what UNIX computers use to "talk" to Windows pc's. Its really NETBUEII under a different guise, and all u need to do is set up file/print sharing on your PC, then connect to it via your MAC. Goto Finder, Go, Connect to server then type "smb://servername/ to mount the samba share.

P.S. Samba is the most recent update of Windows/OSX networking protocol, but CIFS is now
used in most Linux distro's instead of SMB.

Yep that fixed it thanks very much guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.