ISPs in the UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06GHz intel core i3, OSX 10.7.5; iBook G3, pre steam! iPad 2; iPhone 5
I've experienced some bad support from ISPs in the UK who don't understand Macs and when things go wrong the frustration level is enormous.

Can anyone suggest an ISP which is sensibly priced and Mac friendly?

In hope

Grandad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I can highly recommend Zen. Performance has been excellent and their customer service is second to none - with dedicated mac support - and is based in the UK. Price isn't too bad for the Lite user account either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
im with sky and they were mac savvy when i needed it. however you never quite know if thats just because i happened to get a mac literate advisor. however the setup cd did autodetect that i was on a mac and all images on it were mac relevant which suggests they actually acknowledge the existence of macs. which is a start.

But ive always had great service from them anyway to answer your question

Reaction score
Another vote for Zen from me. Certainly not the cheapest option but reliability and support (UK based and 100% Mac savvy) are second to none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2015 15", Powerbook G4 17" 2004
I'm with b.t. and although ive only had my mac for a day, my friend used them also for his mac and he said it depends who you get as the advisor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Madasafish are good. I use Orange - I've never had any problems with them personally and their Livebox works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Hands down Zen Internet has to be the best ISP in the UK. here's why;

- They support Mac's. So you can call them up, and if your having trouble they will help you sort it out on a mac. (I haven't ever done this because I've never had a problem with their service, lol)

- They have download caps. This may sounds like a bad thing but its not, with other ISP's they market their services as 'unlimited', however if you download to much during a certain period then they have the right to terminate your account. ISP's call this a fair use policy…

- They do not throttle any p2p downloading. What this means is that they do not slow down downloading from a p2p application such as bittorrent or limewire. Most ISP's do this apart from zen. Therefore you can use your internet connection for the one thing that other ISP's market their broadband for, 'Fast Download Speeds'

-Their contract period is only 1 month long, therefore if your unhappy with their service(which I'll doubt you will be) you can leave. Other ISP's have 12 or 18 month contracts and if you wish to leave before then, then they charge you (and its not cheap).

-Upload speeds are not counted towards your download limit.

- Choice of 1 or 8 static IP addresses.

-Their call centers are located in the UK

- 2gb web space, for building a website…

- Back-up dial-in account

- They've been awarded best ISP by PC Pro for 4 years running (since 2004) amongst a lot of other awards from other companies (such as Macworld).
Here's a complete list: http://www.zen.co.uk/about/awards.aspx

The only downside seems to be that they charge a tad bit extra for their broadband. I've got Zen Active 8000, which is 4mb download speeds (but it depends on your area, max is 8). My download limit is 20gb (but their upgrading it to 25gb next month).All that comes to £24.99 In the end i guess you get what you pay for, same with mac's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.