Question about Leopard and XP

Reaction score
I have been reading these forums quite extensively before doing anything. Especially about XP and external drives.

Now I know XP is not made to be bootable from an external. However, My question is, I have both the retail disc of leopard and a retail disc of Windows XP with SP2.

Can I install Leopard on the external then boot up from that then use bootcamp to partition that particular drive then install XP or would that make my iMac have to go through too many hoops when booting up?

It is 5:06AM here and I have been thinking about what might be the best way all night.

It started though when I was having trouble trying to make my iMac restart after the partitioning of the internal drive. As I'd hold down the power button for a few seconds and nothing would happen. So I'd hold down longer then it would actually turn off resulting in my having to do it again. The short cut for restarting "control + command + Eject" didn't work either.

*shrugs shoulders with an inquisitive look on her face*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.