Mighty mouse alternative?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
i was recently looking at the apple mighty mouse on the apple store (UK)
and found many complaints over the reliability of it.
what mouse are there that can replace , and do everything the mighty does while being more reliable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
my wireless mighty mouse is working fine, only twice i've had a problem with it, (after coming back immediately from sleep) a restart fixed this. i think its pretty awesome!

Reaction score
Apple mice have always been horrible in my opinion, too much style over substance and ergonomics. I'd look into Logitech or Microsoft Mice, they make comfortable mice and with easy access side buttons unlike the mighty mouse.
A Logitech MX400 might work well for you (never used it though)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
I use a Logitech MX Revolution with my MacBook (when at home) and it works great. And with LogitechControlCenter it is so much more stable than it was with Set Point on my PC. The mouse is hugely customizable and despite what others have said about the free scroll and horizontal scroll being a little too slow on Macs, even at the fastest setting, I haven't had this problem. It scrolls ridiculously fast for me.
Also, in my opinion, I think that despite all the buttons and wheels, the MX revolution maintains a high level of style which looks great alongside a Mac (especially my black macbbook!). And let's face it, there are some super ugly mice out there, that just wouldn't do a Mac justice!
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Love my wireless mighty moue. Been using for 4 months now. Thanks to the 360 scroll. It has saved me so much time in my designing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The Mighty Mouse is a dreadful mouse, wireless or not. I have just purchased a new Mac and decided to give the Mighty Mouse another try after two years. It is STILL dreadful. It may be the worst mouse I have ever used.

I trooped out to my local Apple store and purchased another Logitech S530 wireless mouse and keyboard set (had used this very product with my previous PowerMac G5). I am much, much happier.

Oddly I am only using the mouse part of the keyboard-mouse set. Although I wasn't initially very pleased with it, I decided to also give the new aluminum keyboard a fair shake. Guess what? After several day, I really quite like it. It is odd looking but the keys have a really nice feel to them, and I LOVE the dedicated Expose and Dashboard keys. They almost sell the keyboard by themselves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i have a wireless mighty mouse at home and have not had a problem with it. For the office i just picked up a new logitech mx revolution and i love it. if they weren't so expensive i would pick up a second one for at home.

QRQ

Reaction score
Logitech VX Nano. Works great. Wanted to be all Apple products, but I've read & heard so many negatives regarding the Mighty Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
The Mighty Mouse is a dreadful mouse, wireless or not. I have just purchased a new Mac and decided to give the Mighty Mouse another try after two years. It is STILL dreadful. It may be the worst mouse I have ever used.

I trooped out to my local Apple store and purchased another Logitech S530 wireless mouse and keyboard set (had used this very product with my previous PowerMac G5). I am much, much happier.

Oddly I am only using the mouse part of the keyboard-mouse set. Although I wasn't initially very pleased with it, I decided to also give the new aluminum keyboard a fair shake. Guess what? After several day, I really quite like it. It is odd looking but the keys have a really nice feel to them, and I LOVE the dedicated Expose and Dashboard keys. They almost sell the keyboard by themselves.

The mouse scroll wheel can be pushed in activating expose

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.