Can somebody scratch my switch itch???

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this so please try to understand. Ok, for the past year the only thing closest to a Mac for me was my iPhone and my iPod (wich i discarded after buying the iphone). Never in my wildest dream buying a Mac was an option, Why? Well, I knew they existed but I thought they were irrelevant in the computer world, for me they were just "there". I started using a computer because everybody had PC and of course because of work, school and all the things that make your life a lot easier these days. I'm not a computer genius I just do the regular stuff: email, web browsing, spreadsheets (hate 'em), take pics of my little princess, download music, chat, buy stuff and pay bills online ohh! and more spreadsheets!!! The thing is that Í'm intrigued about all this Mac revolution going on, Ive seen a lot of discussion but none of them leave me with the satisfaction of really sayin' to myself: I need a Mac! is just more of: well all my friends look hip and cool leaving everybody speechless with their white Macs, while I'm next to them with my red Sony Vaio running Windows Sucking Vista Slow As mud Premium Mega Ultimate Stupid Edition. After using XP for 4 years I really don't know what's the difference on improvements but hey, shame on me for wasting $1,300.00 on it. Then after all this, my brother in law gets one, not a new one but a G4, G5 I'm really not sure the thing is that I'm amazed by all the things and how fast he can work and still have time to chat with friends, play games and do all kinds of things with his photos while I'm still making more spreadsheets and after I'm done: trying to figure out Pointless Windows MovieMaker. In the end the real deal is that I'm going back to school to study more about computer programming, repair and some other stuff that I have in mind. Everybody is telling me Windows is the way to go for this but, I'm noticing a lot of increase in the usage of Macs and more Macs being used in regular business stablishments. Wich leaves me with the thought that maybe this can be a business opportunity too. In the end I'm just tired of using something like Vista that I thought was going to be the gratest OS in history and is just plain SUCKS!!!! don't tell me because I'm in a Mac forum that theyre just better but rather enlight me and help me understand why after telling myself: Macs are just probably a fashion thing and then I watch a Mac commercial and boom!!! there it is I want one of those, look how sleek, bright and sexy they are. Ohh and for what I heard theyre faster on start-up and have a more stable OS. Is this true? please be honest...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
It has been my experience that the mac os loads quicker than windows. I also cant remember the whole system crashing on me.

I was a windows xp user up until my sony viao died on me and i felt like making the switch. I had tried vista and wasnt sold on it.

Apple is growing in popularity but i would say that windows is still the dominate force in the business world. that is why people are telling you that if you are going back to school you will probably want to take windows classes.

if you are sold on getting a mac you can run windows on it (i do) for the programs that are not mac os compatible. I believe that it was pc world that tested systems to see which could load vista the fastest and it was a mbp that was able to load windows the fastest

Reaction score
I prefer Mac OS X. I've been a PC user for almost 13 years, but Windows Vista is bleh. It takes a long time to boot and is a super memory hog. The one thing Mac OS X doesn't have, however, is 3d-intensive games. That's not only Apple's fault since the computer companies would love to write for the Mac, but they feel that Apple doesn't put powerful video cards into their computers (which they really don't). Google "Mac Gabe Newell" to see what im talking about.

OP
D
Reaction score
It has been my experience that the mac os loads quicker than windows. I also cant remember the whole system crashing on me.

I was a windows xp user up until my sony viao died on me and i felt like making the switch. I had tried vista and wasnt sold on it.

Apple is growing in popularity but i would say that windows is still the dominate force in the business world. that is why people are telling you that if you are going back to school you will probably want to take windows classes.

if you are sold on getting a mac you can run windows on it (i do) for the programs that are not mac os compatible. I believe that it was pc world that tested systems to see which could load vista the fastest and it was a mbp that was able to load windows the fastest

Thanks a lot for your honest view, I beginning to understand it a little bit more. Keep helping me out guys...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.