How to tidy my stacks?

Reaction score
I cant find a way to tidy stacks, what i mean is......

I installed elements 6 on my mac and i have a stack for my applications but the elements installed into my applications so when i click it in my stack it opens a finder window and i have to click on the actual application for it to open! This is annoying me...arrrrrrrrr!!!

Can anyone help? Where should all the little extra files be stored? stockphoto, help viewer, tutorials, legal etc be kept? Any help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm assuming you mean Photoshop Elements 6. I, too, have it and I noticed it installed a folder containing a bunch of stuff including the application itself. I don't use stacks. I have the folders on my dock set as "List", not "Stacks". When I click the application in that newly added folder, it opens the the application. Hope this helps!

To change those folders on the dock from stacks to lists, simply right-click (control + click) on the folder and select "List".

Reaction score
All Adobe programs come with their own folder within the applications folder. If it's a program you use a lot then just place the app itself on the dock.

OP
P
Reaction score
yeah i just wondered where the program files are meant to be stored, i thought the applications was just like a short cut to the program and the actual program was stored somewhere else? cheers tho

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
yeah i just wondered where the program files are meant to be stored, i thought the applications was just like a short cut to the program and the actual program was stored somewhere else? cheers tho
Nope, applications are mainly stored in the Applications folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.