In need of some opinions

Reaction score
I'm in the market for buying a new imac for my recording studio, and I've narrowed it down to two. They are as follows:

Imac #1
2.0 ghz Core 2 Duo
4 gig ram
750 gig hard drive

Imac #2
2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo
4 gig Ram
500 gig hard drive

Both are the same price, and I'm just not sure if its better to have the bigger cpu and smaller HDD, or the smaller cpu and the bigger HDD. The computer will be solely used for audio work. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
no question in my mind... more CPU... You have to get an external firewire drive for any serious recording anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like Thedspeth stated, you will definitely want to get the fastest CPU you can afford. Adding hard drives later is cheap whereas upgrading the CPU is not even an option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD
Like Thedspeth stated, you will definitely want to get the fastest CPU you can afford. Adding hard drives later is cheap whereas upgrading the CPU is not even an option.

Yeah. You can always just but an external hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.