• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Report - iPhones at end of June!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
3G iphones at the end of june!!

Just found this on my Scottrade account:

"Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd (2317.TW) has won a contract from Apple Inc to assemble up to 25 mln 3G iPhone handsets, the Commercial Times reported, citing industry sources.
Asian suppliers of handset components have been told to prepare for initial delivery of 300,000 iPhones by the end of May, rising to 3 mln units in June, the report said.
The report said the 3G iPhone, with a 2.8-inch screen, is scheduled to hit the market in the second half of June.
Other than assembly, Hon Hai will also be responsible for supplying the new iPhone's plastic casing, it added.
[email protected]
MMMM"

and this on Yahoo : http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2008/04/28/apple-reportedly-sees-24-25-million-unit-lifecycle-for-3g-iphone-foxconn-reportedly-to-assemble-new-model/?mod=BOLBlog?mod=yahoobarrons

So new iPhone in second half of June!! (crosses fingers)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
All those facts lead to it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
And I just bought an iPhone

Well, I'm still withing the window of 14 days to return my iPhone. I just have to pay a 10% restocking fee.

Does anyone know if the new iPhone 3G will have GPS and Flash capable?

Best Regards,
Darren

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Nobody knows anything about what features it will have. You'll have to wait until it's launched. The only confirmable feature is that it will have 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i dont buy it. For one, unless thats a vertical measure of the touch-screen, that says they are making it .7 inches smaller? for two, it should come out within 2 weeks im guessing. That way, no one can return their iphone v1 for a v2, and at the same time, they see a brief positive spike in iphone sales for WWDC.

I cant see them not having it for a whole month, especially at this point in the year when everyone is getting money, graduating, fathers day, blah blah blah

Well, I'm still withing the window of 14 days to return my iPhone. I just have to pay a 10% restocking fee.

Does anyone know if the new iPhone 3G will have GPS and Flash capable?

Best Regards,
Darren

better return it while you still can, otherwise, youll wish you had waited another month TOPS. I know that i could wait a month, but would never wait 2-3.

3G iphones at the end of june!!
So new iPhone in second half of June!! (crosses fingers)

there is no way its gonna launch AFTER the wwdc event, not gonna happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo
Sweet im thinking of getting an iphone from the O2 store and taking ithome and instead of signing up for a contract mi just going to activate it through Jailbreaking.

Peace
Madchild

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
I returned my iPhone. I expected to pay the 10% restocking fee. Anyways, let's all wait to see when the new iPhone is debute.

Regards,
Darren

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD
Let's hope it's true. I love my iPhone, but there's plenty of features that Apple's not going to be able to add with software updates (3G, GPS etc.).

Reaction score
Yea I'm really looking forward to the second gen. Iphones. Hopefully they will not disappoint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Wait it doesn't have GPS? Thats surprising. I thought that was standard by now for most phones...

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Wait it doesn't have GPS? Thats surprising. I thought that was standard by now for most phones...

It has GPS for tracking, but were talking about GPS for maps, like turn by turn directions from where you are, like a navigation system in a car.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Even for tracking there isn't GPS, there's triangulation, which you can currently use in the Google Maps app.

Reaction score
When they reveal the new Iphone, I want it to have GPS. That's one of the reasons i was holding back from buying an Iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
From current break downs of the new firmware, it shows possiblities that the new version could infact have GPS. Who knows?Only Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard
3G, MMS, GPS, Bluetooth File Transfer, forwarding messages, louder speaker, custom ringtones (the easy way!)...

I really hope they add those features on the new iPhone or else I'm getting the HTC Diamond!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
3G, MMS, GPS, Bluetooth File Transfer, forwarding messages, louder speaker, custom ringtones (the easy way!)...

I really hope they add those features on the new iPhone or else I'm getting the HTC Diamond!!

i kinda agree but please add BETTER RECEPTION to your list. as much as i love my little iphone it is very hard to handle the reception it gets. i just did some traveling with my wife and another couple and we all have iphones except my wife and she has a Moto Q on ATT. we had more than a few times where we all had NO SERVICE except my wife who always had 4 bars and 3G even when we had no service.

everyone i know that has an iphone drops calls and has bad reception compared to other ATT phones but this doesnt seem to get much attention.

i am NOT going to upgrade to a new iphone and will also be getting the diamond if the radio isnt better in this new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
GPS would be a sweet addition. Talk about combining all of your electronic gadgets into one!

Reaction score
2 way radio should also be considered, so it can be used with NexTel and Sprint...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.