• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nightmares about my computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Every once in a while, I have bad dreams about my Macbook getting destroyed. One time I dreamt it fell into a pool and got water damage, and last night I had a dream that I left it by my bus stop and it got run over by a car. These dreams are pretty annoying. Anyone else have dreams like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Not to sound mean or anything, but I think you spend too much time thinking about your computer. After all, it's just a tool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Maybe its some sort of Omen?!

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I actually don't think about my computer that much. It's just something I value, and I saved up for months to pay for it in cash, so if anything happend to it, yeah I'd be upset.
I think these dreams are in response to me having to replace my top case last week after the wristpad cracked. It annoyed me so much until it got fixed, and now it's annoying me in my dreams. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Wow that is just on another level...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Every once in a while, I have nightmares about my Macbook getting destroyed. One time I dreamt it fell into a pool and got water damage, and last night I had a dream that I left it by my bus stop and it got run over by a car. The worst part about these is that they are so real, but I am instantly relieved when I wake up and realize it was just a dream. I think the reason I experience these dreams so much is because in everyday life I baby my computer so much that's it's sickening, lol. Anyone else have dreams about your precious Macbook getting destroyed?

Poor guy...

You remind me of some blackberry owners who are all obsessed with their phone. At the BB forum I belong to there's so many threads like "OMG WHAts your BB nickname", "is your bb a girl or boy?", "do you make a bed for your bb and have it sleep by yous????"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2.5 gb ram, 80 gb hd, 120 gb external drive,10.5...8 gb iPod Touch
I know what you mean.

Yeh, I totally know what you mean. I've never had dreams over my macbook, but if it were to get destroyed or anything, I would be furious with myself. I think it really makes a difference if you really worked for it and payed for it with your own money, like you and I have. I am definitely paranoid about it cracking or being thrown around in my bag to much. Now I'm getting even more paranoid because I'm going to Europe this winter and it will definitely help pass time and help get things done. I don't think its that weird you dream about it getting destroyed, its just something you treasure. My old iBook died about 8 months ago before I got my macbook and I had to use windows and an iPod Touch, Oh the Horror! Anyways that definitely sucked a lot. Sorry about this post, its wayy to long.:p

Reaction score
Ok, 2 options: Sell the Macbook, buy a no-name brand and then you won't worry that much.:Evil:

Better option: Get insurance, I have condo insurance that covers everything, TV, computers, cameras, my $4000.00 hearing aids etc. Not that expensive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I think MDCjr is right, it's an omen. The best thing you could to keep your Mac safe is ship it to me! I'll defend it to the death! PM me for my mailing address... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
At the BB forum I belong to there's so many threads like "OMG WHAts your BB nickname", "is your bb a girl or boy?", "do you make a bed for your bb and have it sleep by yous????"
Sounds to me like sarcasm, but maybe I'm wrong.

Reaction score
I had a dream while I was waiting for my new iMac to arrive. In my dream, I went on vacation, but I wanted to get my Mac asap so I had it shipped there. Then I was at the airport to come back home with it (out of the box, for some reason that made the most sense to me at the time) trying to figure out how to bring it back with me. It was terrible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook4.1: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 2GB memory.
i got my macbook a few days ago.
i've been transferring all my biz and personal stuff over....
it hasn't given me nightmares, exactly, but it has given me a few nail-biting, angst-filled late nights.

my husband is somewhat tired of hearing frustrated howls, followed by triumphant screams, from the office.
the highs and lows, hey?
the rich pageant of computer emotions.

of course it is the coolest looking computer i've ever seen and i'd be ill if anything happened to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
I used to have nightmares like i am pushing the laptop to the floor from my bed. All those times when i woke up i found the laptop on the floor. :) SO IT REALLY HAPPENED

Reaction score
Every once in a while, I have bad dreams about my Macbook getting destroyed. One time I dreamt it fell into a pool and got water damage, and last night I had a dream that I left it by my bus stop and it got run over by a car. These dreams are pretty annoying. Anyone else have dreams like this?

OT: this is the real reason that insurance was invented... to make these dreams go away. So if you get Applecare you can dream of laying in a field with puppies climbing on you and giggling instead of these terrible nightmares.

OTOH, you might consider exploring the connection between this anxiety and early life events with a competent therapist. This could just be a sign of deeper things that need addressing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
No...it's just a computer. If it were blown up tomorrow, i'd just go buy another one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
Poor guy...

You remind me of some blackberry owners who are all obsessed with their phone. At the BB forum I belong to there's so many threads like "OMG WHAts your BB nickname", "is your bb a girl or boy?", "do you make a bed for your bb and have it sleep by yous????"

applaudit.gif
Somehow that doesn't surprise me. People can get pretty stupid when it comes to inanimate objects. I frequent Jeep forums. People actually name their rust bucket/piece of crap Jeeps.
applaudit.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
hey, i had a dream about my imac, getting f'd up. it got all colourful then blurry, then windows lagged, and it happend to my other imac ( which i don actually have one?) lol it was scary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz, 4GB Ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD, Glossy - 1TB Time Capsule - 16GB iPhone
I had a dream the other night about mine being all scratched and cosmetically damaged. I think this it because cosmetic damage is the only think my applecare and insurance doesn't cover for? hmm... who knows...

Kyle

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i have nightmares and fatalistic thoughts all the time - when i go off my depression meds that is... ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.