• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Welcome back, Mr. Bush!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Well, it's great to see George Bush is back for a second term. :) I'm glad enough Americans saw through Kerry's lies and BS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Aha... and what about Bush's lies and BS ?!? And that very unnecessary Iraqi war?! :blind:

V

vuschejan

He isnt back yet. www.cnn.com Ohio is taking up to 11 days to start counting their ballots, Iowa and New Mexico Havnt reported yet. Ohio will determine the winner.

W

WilliS

another 4 years of new words for the dictionary!

i wish i worked for webster... we could come out with a new edition every time he gave a speech

R

Ryanstech

Yeah! another four more years for Bush to ignore technology and the "internets"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Kerry concedes....4 more years of Dubbya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hmm...I don't understand the US people...
Lucky me, I don't have too :cool:

Anyway, it's only 4 more years of wasted money for wars, with more wasted lives (including poor US soldiers)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
This would not be a good time to change our President. It was a good outcome IMO

pressLogo.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Avalon said:
Hmm...I don't understand the US people...
Lucky me, I don't have too :cool:

Anyway, it's only 4 more years of wasted money for wars, with more wasted lives (including poor US soldiers)...

Hey Avalon! Since you live in Europe (which I, as a stoopid rednek, only know is someplace that is not in America) and since you all are so peaceful and loving twords the minorities and immigrants over there, how do you explain THIS? I thought you Europeans were more civilized than we silly and stoopid Americans and didn't have to worry about racism...

D

Desolate One

baggss said:
Hey Avalon! Since you live in Europe (which I, as a stoopid rednek, only know is someplace that is not in America) and since you all are so peaceful and loving twords the minorities and immigrants over there, how do you explain THIS? I thought you Europeans were more civilized than we silly and stoopid Americans and didn't have to worry about racism...

I think that's out of line. He has his opinion on Bush, and you have yours. There's no reason to attack one another, especially on a Mac forum. Let's everyone take it for it's worth, GW will be around for another 4 more. Apparently that's wot the majority of voters dictated. We made our bed, we shall lie in it. Whether it's for the good or bad, only time will tell. Please let's keep it civil.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, first, I don't feel attacked in any way...

I never said that we didn't have trouble with racism, or any other trouble. As a matter of fact, I am kind of a dual immigrants son (father's Portuguese, mother's German, living in Luxembourg), so I think I'm a little bit better postitioned to talk about that particular issue (which I won't, as it isn't the topic).

The thread is about G.W. Bush, which I have a quite negative opinion about (like lots of other people around the world) and I'm just expressing my opinion. Nothing less, nothing more.

D

Desolate One

Avalon said:

I never said that we didn't have trouble with racism, or any other trouble. As a matter of fact, I am kind of a dual immigrants son (father's Portuguese, mother's German, living in Luxembourg), so I think I'm a little bit better postitioned to talk about that particular issue (which I won't, as it isn't the topic).

The thread is about G.W. Bush, which I have a quite negative opinion about (like lots of other people around the world) and I'm just expressing my opinion. Nothing less, nothing more.

I do apologize; I didn’t mean to insinuate you would have taken offense. The tone of the above-mentioned post seemed to be on the offensive and I know I’m not a mod or anything but I just didn’t want to see friendly conversation take a turn for the worse. Just wanted to see things happy happy. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
I do apologize; I didn’t mean to insinuate you would have taken offense. The tone of the above-mentioned post seemed to be on the offensive and I know I’m not a mod or anything but I just didn’t want to see friendly conversation take a turn for the worse. Just wanted to see things happy happy. ;)

Don't worry, everything's fine... :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon said:

I'll apologize anyhow. I was baiting you to see how you would react, sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As I posted before, no worries...I don't get offended that easily...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Should we not also forget the fact that France just recently invaded the Ivory Coast, surrounded the house of the president, and fired into a crowd of innocent people?

Ah yes, those civilized Europeans...after causing two World Wars as well as having a long history of warfare and attrocity, I don't really think they have the credibility to lecture anyone about what they do at this point ;)

But then really, if you go by those guidelines, I guess no one does :closed:

Perhaps in the grand scheme of world leaders out there today, if all things are looked at equally GWB isn't so bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But the French did it in conjunction with and with the blessing of the UN and had no real vested interest in the area (nothing of real value to them) so therefore it was OK. It's only bad if you might stand to gain something from it, or if the UN doesn't agree....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.