Help. (newb)

Reaction score
Hey guys, now I'm sure people have tried this, but I was hoping we could help me out/make a thread for all iPhone starting questions. I guess I'll list my questions and if you could answer them that would be amazing.
1. What is unlocking your phone mean/do.
2. How do you unlock your phone.
3. What cool applications are there, and what do they do?
4. Can you brick your iPhone, and if so, how?
5. Etc... add your own if you want, and maybe we can answer them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
You probably won't find instructions for unlocking and etc. here. It is against the rules. However, the definition of unlocking refers to the breaking of AT&T's grip on your phone. That is totally different than "jailbreaking" the iPhone which is result of loading custom software/firmware allowing you to install custom applications. Most who have had their phones bricked are linked to unlocking. If I were you I would just wait until next month when the iPhone will have legal 3rd party apps available. Then if they aren't for you, you could look into other options at that point.

Reaction score
Hi guys
i'm new to the forums though not to apple products.
I recently bought an iPhone.
I can't seem to forward mesages to friends as with my old mobile. WHY!!!!!!!! apple?
can anyone help and advise me how to do that or is it a non existing function at this moment?
how can i bring this to apples attention in hope that with the next upgrade it would be addressed?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
By forward messages, I'm assuming you mean forwarding SMS messages? If so, there's no way to do so with the built in SMS app, you would need to use one of the third party versions available through Installer.app

Reaction score
Gee thanks, i didnt realise there were third party apps for such things.
Will it work with a "legal" iphone so to speak , meaning not jail broken?
thanks

p.s. By the way would it be safe to use third party on non jailbroken iPhones? It said download at your own risk on installer.app website.
Plus it seems that third parties are not yet supported on iphone at the moments i can't seem to get safari to download any 3rd party apps. is there a way... do i have to un lock the iphone to do that despite being with the official network provider?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.