FireFox table gaps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.16 GHz 2GB ram
I'm working on a website in Dreamweaver 8 and when I preview it in FF (firefox) it has huge gaps in the tables, it doesn't do this in IE (internet explorer). I know you're supposed to make it look right in FF and it will work in everything else, but I can't see what's wrong.

http://www.alisonjeffery.com/gallery.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Well, if you are setting the column widths, you may have gaps if the browser window's width is different than what you are testing in.

Depending on where the gaps are you are referring to (in the cells? between cells?) you could set the cellpadding and cellspacing values to a set number rather than letting each browser default to a value.

Reaction score
You shouldn't use tables to create a layout, you should use tables to create tables (like a table with data in it, like Excel makes them).

Element abuse almost always leads to bad display. I don't know how Dreamweaver can mend this, but it's where the problem lies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
hed have to use css, i still dont know it but its pretty easy. its incorporated into the new dreamweaver. however i dont know it i focus on flash more.

if you have alot of drive id recommend using css its amazing, and you can do alot more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i briefly looked at your code (im at work) wondering if your problem lies in mixing percents for size with pixels?...

i just looked quick i could be wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
It's ok to mix them as long as you aren't trying to mix them in cells in the same row. A table can have a px value, but the columns are percentages of that set width.

I see now that you do have the cellpadding/etc values set, but why are all the cells set to have a height of 0 when they are clearly not empty? And yes, CSS is a must to learn. It would help tidy that up a bit.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.16 GHz 2GB ram
I really need to learn css layout, I have taught myself since I was about 10 so I didn't necessarily learn the best ways around problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Well, basically CSS just lets you store settings under a name so that you don't have to change settings all over the place when you need to update a layout. You can store them in the same HTML page, but it makes more sense to create a separate CSS file that you can link into any page you need it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Finn, what is it supposed to look like? It's hard to know what's wrong - and how to fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.