PDA

View Full Version : I own an iPhone however...

shenfrey
04-20-2008, 05:28 PM
something is compelling me to buy the 80GB ipod classic. Does anyone thing this would be a wise idea? I own an 8GB iphone.

MrChris
04-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I too have the 8GB iPhone, I also own an old 20GB iPod Colour that I hardly use anymore!

I see it as this, whilst it is nice to have all of your music to hand, I personally go through phases where I listen to some bands/artists more than others. So all I do is create a playlist in iTunes and update it with whatever I'm into at the time, slap it onto my iPhone and away I go!

8GB is a lot of space really for music on the go, plus you have to think that before you could listen to 8GB's worth of music, your iPhone's battery would most likely have died lol.

I know there are many, many arguments for and against having all your music in one place, but at the end of the day it's all down to what you want/need.

given the choice now (and, if it had been out at the time) I would have gone for the 16GB iPhone. and, if there were an 80GB iPhone out I would have most likely gone for that over the lower memory versions.

So at the end of the day, if you have a lot of music and like to be able to select any song you feel like at random or watch a movie here and there then go for the 80GB classic ;D

srp
04-21-2008, 04:35 AM
I have an 8GB iPhone & an 80GB iPod Classic. I use my Classic in my car & in my house as my stereo. Plus, I have all my favorite TV series, movies, pictures, and - of course - music on it. My iPhone is usually where all of my weekly podcasts reside, some photos to show folks, some of my favorite playlists from iTunes, and a movie here or there to watch in case I get bored somewhere. I'm perfectly happy with both of them and they each serve a unique purpose for me personally.