A Newbie Question about Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hello Anyone who can help.

I have searched various website for info and this one in the hopes that I wouldn't have to ask such a stupid and embarrassing question!

I have recently changed to a Mac and love it, I need to run a few Window's programs that aren't available to Mac's (unfortunately), so I thought I would upgrade to Leopard and use Boot Camp. My computer won't work with Parrallels or Fusion (and I don't want to upgrade at this stage) so I though I would try bootcamp.

I have installed the upgrade....my stupid question is How can I load Boot Camp. I can't find it anywhere on my computer? I have searched using spotlight and looked in my system utilities and I can't find it! Am I being incredibly stupid or do I need to do something to load Boot Camp? I can't find it anywhere!!!

Do I have to download it from somewhere?

Many thanks for any help to this sad newbie

Cin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Hi-Def/2GB RAM/250GB HD // iPhone 3Gs 16GB // iPod Classic 80GB
Quoting off the Boot Camp FAQ:

"After running Boot Camp Assistant and installing Microsoft Windows and the Boot Camp Drivers, hold the Option (Alt) key when you start up to switch between Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. Use the Startup Disk control panel in Windows or Mac OS X Startup Disk preferences to set the default operating system to use each time the computer starts up."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
mephron, that doesn't answer the question at all.

cingooden, the Boot Camp Assistant should be in the Utilities folder under Applications.

May I ask why you can't get Parallels and Fusion working on your Mac? I've tried both on both Tiger and Leopard and both have worked flawlessly for me, so I'm not sure why you can't get it working on your machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.