• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Quotes

OP
C
Reaction score
One of the ones I like:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

- Winston Churchill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16g Imac & 13" 2.16 G Macbook
Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. Maybe that way you'll learn to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemmingway

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"even a fool knows you cannot reach out and touch the stars, but that does not keep the wise man from trying" - harry anderson

and i may be paraphrasing this one...
"if there's such a thing as genius, then i am one. if there's not, then i don't care." - john lennon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1Ghz C2D MacBook, 4GB RAM, 120GB HDD
"Open your mind and shut your mouth" ~Unknown

"He that speaks much, is much mistaken" ~Benjamin Franklin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
"Dreams are goals without a pulse" -Nick Rice

Reaction score
It doesn't go exactly like this, but this is what I remember:

"Better to not speak and appear a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" - Chinese proverb, I suppose.

OP
C
Reaction score
It doesn't go exactly like this, but this is what I remember:

"Better to not speak and appear a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" - Chinese proverb, I suppose.

Isnt that Mark Twain? Not sure to be honest.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T! I mean S-M-A-R-T!" - homer simpson

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
It's not exactly an all-purpose quote, but when I'm in a bad mood this one from Penny Arcade always makes me feel better:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10/

Don't say another god****ed word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted soul finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood and fueled by my hatred for you, this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths and sing the song that ends the Earth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, Intel core 2 duo, 2.16 GHz 1 GB Mem.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A lot of us think what we want in our life is happiness. Well, happiness is an extreme. We have to learn how to recognize contentment. Sometimes you gotta look around and go, 'Hey, everything is OK.'

-B. Joel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
i gotta mangina lol (classic)

Reaction score
"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Adolf Hitler

I in no way condone what this man did as right. Honestly he repulses me.

But i do believe in the quote. Fight for what you believe in. Nothing is just going to come to you, you have to fight for it and if you dont want to fight for something you believe in, then why are you here.

Reaction score
I've got some quotes from my favourite songs...
If you never try, you will never know... (Chris Martin)
You cannot change the world - change yourself! (Yug)
Be yourself is all that you can do... (Chris Cornell)
Feelings of aggression are the absence of the love drug in your veins... (Sav. Garden)
And this funny one...
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy (Benjamin Franklin) ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.