I have a few questions...

Reaction score
Mmmkay, I know its pretty likely that a macbook-update or something will happen in june/july (Meh, I forget) But anywho,

1. Will the price of the macbook drop before its released, or will the new one just come and
2. When the new macbook comes, what will they do with the old ones? Will they be in the refurb section or what?
3. Is there any reason the RAM upgrades from apple are so expensive, or do they just like charging alot for stuff?
4. Do you think the update will be major, or will it be minor hardware tweaks, or will it have new stuff like a larget trackpad

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1. no, yes
2. ???
3. because there are always some 'not so knowledgeable' folks out there
4. no one knows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
Your not dealing with some stupid little company.

Apple is tight lipped over anything.

Did anyone have ANY clue about an ipod? No.
Intel processors? Not really
Macbook air. Nope.
New macbook? no.

And no the older ones arn't all of a sudden refurbs. They are still sold, but I would guess the price would come down since that macbook air is the next highest price and I don't think it's selling as well as though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
To answer your questions:
1. Usually, before the MBP (feb 08) came out, the prices were dropping.
2. I think you can still order them, as many stores (excluding Apple) would need to clear their old stocks.
3. I reckon it's just to make more money, as people who can afford macs are usually in the 'rich' zone. The macbook's design hasn't been changed since it's introduction. An article said it was going to be 'shinier'.
4. The new upgrade should be large, as every model changes its design after roughly 3 years (mac pro is definitely going to change). The

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.