Super Duper w/ Time Capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm really not sure where to post this so if I'm wrong, please move it.

I am wondering if it is possible to use a Time Capsule disk for Super Duper backups, including bootable backups? I suspect the bootable disk probably isn't possible but I thought I'd ask.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Yes u can...I do. Basically just think of the tc as a wifi Ap + HDD...the HDD can u used for pretty much anything data wise. I do all my image refresh on my superduper folder on the tc 1tb. There is no special software...I just used superduper...first of all....on os x, when into the 1tb hdd and created a superduper folder or that's what I called it...then fire up the duper app and selected the folder and off it went. I was using cat6 cabling and it did it pretty fast for the amount of data transferred.

The only thing I can not get working on the tc is accessing the hdd from the wan port but otherwise all good...average around 840Mbps.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool. I appreciate it. I'm going to bite the bullet and but a 1tb tc soon. I heard on the MacBreak Weekly podcast that you can stream video from it as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.