External burners

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a new convert (as my handle suggests) and I have a need to copy 8 cm DVD movie disks (family movies). The superdrive doesn't accept 8 cm disks so I'm looking for an external drive. Any suggestions? I find it hard to find ones with Mac Compatible on the specs...though I assume the compatibility is only referencing the included software. My other option is to use vista through parallels to burn but I'd rather use native mac as much as I can. I hope someone can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
if you really want to do it through your mac you will just need one that has firewire. usb type may or may not work but firewire does. the problem is that the firewire types are little more pricey.

if you still have the device you recorded them on you could connect that to your mac and use it as the device to transfer your data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
In most likeliness, your mini DVD disc video camera doesn't have a firewire port. I used to have one like that but switched to mini DV capable video camera because it is the one that iMovie supports.

... or you can have it copied using a PC into a standard DVD disc ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.