PDA

View Full Version : New Case - its perfect!

hugo14
04-11-2008, 03:57 AM
Engaget (http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/10/ivyskins-xylo-t2-case-engulfs-your-iphone-doesnt-inhibit-touc/)

Just ordered one, its everything ive been looking for!

airwalk331
04-11-2008, 04:31 AM
I would love something like that... but what would make it perfect would be if it had a belt clip! Anyone know of something just like this that also has a belt clip?

Rizzo
04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
How well do you guys think this will actually protect when it's dropped?

fleurya
04-11-2008, 12:11 PM
^^ better than no case at all. It would have helped me a few months ago when my screen started accumulating tiny chips in the upper right hand corner, and I have never dropped it. I have no idea how it's getting chipped, but they seem to be accumulating.

airwalk331
04-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Hmmm... Interesting... maybe from when you put it in your pocket? What other cases did you look at?

Rizzo
04-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I have an Incase hardshell case that I really like but it doesn't have screen protection. I wonder how well the touch-thru works..?

hugo14
04-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I'll hopefully get it next week, and let everyone know how I got on...

airwalk331
04-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll hopefully get it next week, and let everyone know how I got on...

What other cases did you consider/look at before buying this one?

hugo14
04-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I bought the agent 18 case, didnt like that as it didnt protect the screen - I got some of those sticky plastic things, but I didnt like that either as the screen felt wrong!

I also got a silicon case, but it didnt fit properly, so I hope this is one is right!

airwalk331
04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
I'd love something like the one you posted about at the top, but I'd need it to not only protect the screen while allowing the touch screen to function but also a belt clip... anyone have any ideas??

hugo14
04-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I got it today, it feels alright but the on off switch at the top is almost impossible to press, and it doesnt fit into the dock, which they could do quite easily. The screen function is alright, but it isnt the same, and the chrome cover is annoying as it keeps on reflecting the sun into my eyes!

airwalk331
04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
No belt clip, correct?

bryphotoguy
04-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I just ordered one. I had a rubber one purchased from the Apple store and I also had an Agent 18 case which completely scratched up the back of the iPhone. I decided it wouldn't be any worse to use no case at all so I've been free of one for a few months now. Now that I got my iPhone replaced, I am hoping this one keeps it nice and clean.

hugo14
04-18-2008, 02:16 AM
No belt clip, correct?

Correct

airwalk331
04-18-2008, 04:22 AM
That's a deal breaker for me. Anyone have any solutions to a case as close to the one as hugo got but that also has a belt clip?

hugo14
04-18-2008, 05:51 AM
I must say I dont really like it - sure its better than nothing but im used to lightly touching the screen and it working - its frustrating if I need to press hard every time!

airwalk331
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
I've looked around a bit for cases for the iphone and one thing I'd definitely want is something that protects the screen (not the film kind) while I can still touch it and have it work however, I think the case you got is the only one that exists...

Anyone out there find another one like it???

bryphotoguy
04-18-2008, 01:48 PM
ugh, they said the release date for this case is next Friday. I don't know if I can wait a week for the case.

hugo14
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
ugh, they said the release date for this case is next Friday. I don't know if I can wait a week for the case.

I think thats wrong because I ordered mine from the site and have it already...

MacDad77
04-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I have had success with both the Marware Quickview case, as well as iSkin's revo and revo Clip

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iPhone-Products/Quick-Vue-for-iPhone

http://iskin.com/store/i2shop_revo.tpl

I honestly find that the Revo Clip is quite bulky, however, its the only clip that offers protection of silicone once you remove the iPhone from the clip/holder. At least I like the way they've designed it. I am rather rough with my gear and don't mind paying extra for good protection. I'm on my second Marware case (unfortunate incident) and waiting for the second iSkin Revo Clip. I dare not say that they break easy, the quickview is not for rugged outdoor use. The iSkin is. I guess there are trade offs for everything!

airwalk331
04-21-2008, 12:34 AM
does the iskin revo (the first link) protect the screen while still allowing for you to use the touch screen?

Rizzo
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah it comes with a type of stick-on film cover I believe.

hugo14
04-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes it does - it isnt a stick on film, but a hard bit of plastic, although it is not as responsive as not having a case its still pretty good.

airwalk331
04-21-2008, 01:28 PM
t, if the case would only have a belt clip, id get one in a second!

MacDad77
04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes it does - it isnt a stick on film, but a hard bit of plastic, although it is not as responsive as not having a case its still pretty good.

actually i have not noticed a difference. the screen doesn't use adhesives and actually has a privacy feature like those found in office screens in that beyond a certain angle, the screen is opaque and you can read it, for privacy.

The thing about iSkin is that for your money, you get a silicone case that protects almost all of the phone, a privacy film for the screen, a port cover a clear plastic "visor" that acts as a secondary cover and a "flip-out" cover for the headphone jack. Also, the cut-out for the camera, ALSO has a protective insert of plastic to further protect the lens. For the money I thought it had a lot of features. Sadly thoguh, the silicone does make it hard to just shove in your pocket of your jeans. It seems like something like this would be more effective in protecting yet still allow you to stuff in in your pants pocket.

hugo14
04-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Sorry, When airwalk331 said first link, I thought he meant my link on the first post. Apologies!

bryphotoguy
04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Mine shipped. I ordered second day and they shipped it USPS which doesn't offer a 2 day service, do they?

This has been an absolute mess. This better arrive before I leave town Friday and it better work nicely. Right now, I have nothing good to say about this company.

ibookmobile007
04-23-2008, 07:22 AM
actually i have not noticed a difference. the screen doesn't use adhesives and actually has a privacy feature like those found in office screens in that beyond a certain angle, the screen is opaque and you can read it, for privacy.

The thing about iSkin is that for your money, you get a silicone case that protects almost all of the phone, a privacy film for the screen, a port cover a clear plastic "visor" that acts as a secondary cover and a "flip-out" cover for the headphone jack. Also, the cut-out for the camera, ALSO has a protective insert of plastic to further protect the lens. For the money I thought it had a lot of features. Sadly thoguh, the silicone does make it hard to just shove in your pocket of your jeans. It seems like something like this would be more effective in protecting yet still allow you to stuff in in your pants pocket.
I purchased the iSkin 6 months ago and sent it back for a full refund after owning it not even a month.
The film is bulky and really does not work properly.I sent it back because it broke after the first couple of days.I was sent a replacement that was the wrong color and also broke after a couple of days.I retired the iSkin and requested a refund. I turned to Invisible Shield for my screen protection as well as picking up a case from the local AT&T store (The DLO) which wraps my headphones around the back.The DLO cost me $21.00 where as i paid $46.00 bucks for a piece of merchandise where the rubber that connected to the front of the iPhone was a little bit too thin.I have owned the Current Case for over 4 months now without any problems.

MacDad77
04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I purchased the iSkin 6 months ago and sent it back for a full refund after owning it not even a month.
The film is bulky and really does not work properly.I sent it back because it broke after the first couple of days.I was sent a replacement that was the wrong color and also broke after a couple of days.I retired the iSkin and requested a refund. I turned to Invisible Shield for my screen protection as well as picking up a case from the local AT&T store (The DLO) which wraps my headphones around the back.The DLO cost me $21.00 where as i paid $46.00 bucks for a piece of merchandise where the rubber that connected to the front of the iPhone was a little bit too thin.I have owned the Current Case for over 4 months now without any problems.

Wow. I deduce that the attached thumbnails are of the Invisible Shield? Because that certainly doesn't look lik the revo! Sorry to hear about it.I know silicone will tear if you get rough with it. My wifes revo headphone jack cover came off after a few months of use. But she's rougher than I am on things. Esp. carrying it in here purse with all the baby gear!

MacDad

ibookmobile007
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow. I deduce that the attached thumbnails are of the Invisible Shield? Because that certainly doesn't look lik the revo! Sorry to hear about it.I know silicone will tear if you get rough with it. My wifes revo headphone jack cover came off after a few months of use. But she's rougher than I am on things. Esp. carrying it in here purse with all the baby gear!

MacDad

The invisible shield is applied directly to the iPhone-It is made from the same material that is used to protect helicopter wings.
link:www.invisibleshield.com/
you tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmpFOUZoUX0

I was not rough with the iskin it was not worth the price.The casing you see in the photo's are of the dlo case.The invisible shield you cannot see because it is applied directly on the iphone.

Aptmunich
04-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey guys,

I took a closer look at the case first mentioned in this thread...
You can read my review in this post:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=641589

bryphotoguy
04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
The monkeys over at IvySkin sent me the wrong one after a week of waiting. I ordered the clear one knowing the mirrored one would look horrible. Guess which one they sent me? And it looks so bad!

They better get me a new one ASAP. My iPhone collected enough scratches in the week I've had it replaced.

MacDad77
04-26-2008, 03:58 PM
The monkeys over at IvySkin sent me the wrong one after a week of waiting. I ordered the clear one knowing the mirrored one would look horrible. Guess which one they sent me? And it looks so bad!

They better get me a new one ASAP. My iPhone collected enough scratches in the week I've had it replaced.

I feel ya on that one. I have been using the Marware case and I'm getting lots of scratches on the bezel! Cant wait for the new revo clip to get here!