• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

need ideas for small gift for GF

Reaction score
I don't see my GF that often, she goes to school somewhere else. She's going to arrive tonight and i want to give her a little gift when i pick her up from the airport. I wanted to stay away from the Rose cuz everyone does it and it would die by the time she leaves, so what is a small little gift i can make or get? i tried doing a few different origami roses, but i failed on them all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
a small soft teddy bear!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
put a bow on your head and where a shirt that says i'm yours. she will remember it for a long time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Jewellery?

Chocolate

A good restaurant

Concert tickets

A CD

A self done compilation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Here is an idea for next time - it is too late for this one for this time. How about a rose that never dies (...like your love...)? JustPaperRoses.com makes a wonderful line of wooden painted roses. Here is the link to the specific page for them (and other things).

These roses are great - they never die, she can keep them with her all the time as a permanent reminder of you, AND, you can add to her collection over time, eventually resulting in a full dozen.

Just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
mac57 that is a good find i will remember it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Here's a cool one that's cheap but might take a few hours. It's something I did for my girlfriend a while back...

Buy a little note pad, a small gift box and a back of small rubber bands.
Come up with as many reasons you lover as you possibly can and write them all on separate pieces of paper, roll each one up and put a rubber band around it - put them all in the box and keep going till it's full.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Along the lines of what Leukeh said, just writing a list of all the things you love about her would be awesome. Someone did that to me once, and I cried (I'm not ashamed!!!!). SO YEAH...

99.9% of the time, making something will be better than almost anything you can buy. Plus, it saves money. It really is a win-win.

Reaction score
I just got a shuffle for £32, got it engraved with her name, and put some songs for her on it, and sent it to her house - perfect!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
get her a new mac!! who wouldn't love you!!?? :p

i'd say concert ticket, just to mix it up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.