PDA

View Full Version : How are you?

skaheadpunk
04-07-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm doing my first Time Machine/Capsule back up and am hoping to start conversation of some kind before I go insane.

59.52GB of 66.49GB completed. In about 16.5 hours. I can't sleep til it's done, I'm too nervous and excited at the prospect of Time Capsule and scared it'll all go horribly wrong... and it's half 8 in the morning here!

So anyways, how are you all?

fleurya
04-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I'm pulling an all-nighter studying for an exam that's at 9 am. (it's 5:30am right now) I still have a chapter to read and I don't think I'm retaining anything! It's what I get for not studying enough over the weekend.

How much do you have to go? Seems like it's taking an awfully long time.

sanity1082
04-07-2008, 09:19 AM
I got up about 2 hours ago fed the cats, fishes, crayfish, and turtle Then i started to work (from home). only one more hour until i leave to go to work and get stuck in a staff meeting. so i am doing ok

the8thark
04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm just up at all crazy hours of the morning finishing writing up a song.

durkajosh
04-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Why are you nervous and excited about backing your data up?

I back up roughly 1TB of data nightly to tape. Trust me, there's nothing exciting about it.

ogacon
04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Why are you nervous and excited about backing your data up?

I back up roughly 1TB of data nightly to tape. Trust me, there's nothing exciting about it.

You just must not understand yet... soon young jedi, soon, you will understand.

The Vindicat3d
04-07-2008, 05:44 PM
You just must not understand yet... soon young jedi, soon, you will understand.

Heh heh heh

cheesybanana
04-08-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm pulling an all-nighter studying for an exam that's at 9 am. (it's 5:30am right now) I still have a chapter to read and I don't think I'm retaining anything! It's what I get for not studying enough over the weekend.

Diminishing returns, baby. Not even worth it after a certain point. You will be better off sleeping. Not that it matters now, considering you already took it :O

Erm...I ache horribly for no reason. My throat has been killing me for the past week and is showing no signs of stopping. I have this weird lump on my neck that hurts when I swallow. I have a giant report to do for work...and two for my classes. Further, I have to prep a lesson plan for Sunday. All in addition to my usual homework, classes and my three jobs.

But other than that, just peachy... :Shouting:

k3s
04-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Pretty good considering i am sleep deprived and tired. Other than that just fine, but what really made my day was playing around with a toy keyboard and i got to doing some circuit bending which was interesting.

Leukeh
04-08-2008, 05:05 AM
I just got home from college... had Old Testament Studies and Drawing today. I can't wait for tomorrow, Design Foundations and Theology of Creativity - with a bit of capoeira training in between! =D

skaheadpunk
04-08-2008, 09:31 AM
It took just over 18 hours... seems like a very long time. I've just ordered a 802.11n card so hopefully things will move a little faster after I get that in.

setta
04-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Just seen the great video - advise you! http://talent.itv.com/videos/viewVideo/16460730
it gives me the shivers....

Kash
04-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Got in a full eight hours of sleep last night. Just meandering a bit and playing with my cats until I have to leave for NYC. It's going to be a beautiful 70 degrees, so walking to and from the Chinese Consulate should be fun. I have class at 5PM and then off to celebrate my brother's birthday.

These are the perks of doing all of your reading for class ahead of time. Can't believe I hadn't been doing this my entire college career :D

jennymac81
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
cheesybanana - you should get your tonsils checked quickly. If they are swollen it isn't a good sign at all and they may need to be taken out. Also look and see if your Uvula (dangly thing in your throat) is swollen or the glands to either side of it (your tonsils). I hope you're alright.

As for how I'm doing... well I've been checking apple.com all day seeing if any movement has been made on my order, then checking to see what time it is in China, then making beef stew and watching Private Practice on alluctv. It's now 6:18 pm and I'm still in my pyjamas. I know I know I am pathetic.

skaheadpunk
04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
At least you're waiting for something from Apple - i've spent all day tracking my new wireless card on it's way from China and it hasn't updated for two days...

What you waiting on?

JohnTheMacGeek
04-16-2008, 05:08 PM
59.52GB of 66.49GB completed. In about 16.5 hours. I'm assuming you did this wirelessly? The initial backup with TM/TC is notoriously slow using WIFI.

skaheadpunk
04-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Yup.

And then I somehow screwed it up and now need to do it again!

I've ordered an 802.11n card which might help things move along a little faster... once it's here!

jennymac81
04-17-2008, 09:58 AM
i just ordered my macbook :-) so im waiting on it to appear :-)

At least apple is quicker than national geographic. On Feb 22 i ordered an annual subscription to national geographic and today i finally got my free fleece national geographic fleece sweater. Now if they get hurry up with my magazines already. I feel like a dorkus wearing this poo colored fleece with equally attractive yellow stripes.

mathogre
04-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm well today, thanks.

I had a good 4 hours of sleep last night, normal for a Wednesday night and quite adequate.

Work has been chaotic. I just got out of a status meeting that lasted 20 min (vs the sched'd 60 min). I've got a few things to do today that are going to be marginally annoying, but that's more out of tedium than anything else.

I've been following the end of the Reiser murder trial via blogs. (Hans Reiser created the reiserfs for Linux. His wife disappeared in September 2006.) The defense attorney continues (and probably completes) his closing argument today at 11AM PDT (2PM EDT). The prosecutor took a day and a half. It's actually a rather fascinating case.

I have much to do today. Enjoy the day all!

skaheadpunk
04-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Hello there everyone.

My new wireless card is here! 802.11n here I come!!! Been waiting ages for it to ship from China... (well, a week, but it felt like 5 years).

So, I'm cracking open my MacBook. Wish me luck!

CodeSamurai
04-18-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm well. I've got finals week coming up, but this is turning out to be the easiest semester ever. What I thought was going to be my worst final turned into a "final discussion" session rather than an exegetical paper on the development of the early church. (Religious Studies/Math major) Now I just have to write one 20 page ethnography on Zen martial arts (awesome) and give a presentation on why kids should wear bike helmets. I have no idea how that applies to my major. Such is life I suppose. This summer I get to help run a martial arts camp for kids, so I'll get to continue my training (Kuk Sool Won if anyone is interested) and teach kids at the same time. They get to do some pretty fun stuff. We make an obstacle course that they have to get through using the techniques that they've learned thus far. At the end, they have an "against the odds" battle (usually against my instructor or myself) where they really have to buckle down and "defeat" us. Fun stuff. Have a good one guys.

Trent out

MacHeadCase
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm doin' great ! Today is my first day off from school (the last final exam was yesterday), apprenticeship starts next Monday. Everything is so very cool. :D

mathogre
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi MHC!!!!

Congrats on school ending and the apprenticeship starting next week!!!!! You'll do well I'm sure. Hope you have a fine day today and a fine weekend. ^_^

MacHeadCase
04-18-2008, 09:07 AM
The same to you, MO ! :D

skaheadpunk
04-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh thank god, it went pretty much ok.

My top casing was starting to crack again along the wrist rests, and a bit cracked. Which I was expecting, so not overly upset...

Thyamine
04-18-2008, 12:23 PM
It's a nice sunny day, I'm working from home, and I'm still alive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI) so who can complain. =)

eric
04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
i'm not unwell.

jennymac81
04-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Im getting a cold and I'm not happy about it because for once in the last 6 months of rain and snow and sour kraut the sun is shining and all I can do is look out the window. (insert all my favorite swear words) now I'm going to have some tea and maybe some pasta (which I shouldn't be eating because I'm suppose to be doing Atkins). I've also called to check on my Macbook and it's shipped from China 5 days ago. According to the nincompoops in cust serv. Everything will arrive and then be merged into one package. FIVE more days people FIVE more days !!!!! although I fear I will not live to see it if this cold has its way. Must find vitamin C.

lightsguydave
04-21-2008, 08:29 AM
I just spoke to applecare about my cracked palmrest and they put me in touch with some nice people in my local city who say they can fix it for me. I also have my A levels approaching >_< and I need AAB to get into medical school *wail* IT'S SOOOOOOOOO HARDDDDDDDD xD

On the plus side I am not certified as immune to hepatitis B so that's good and the holiday some friends and I booked is now all paid for so at the moment LIFE IS GOOD apart from exams which I absolutely hate. The thing is, when I'm good, I'm great, but then at the same time, if I'm having a bad day, it can really knock my form.

Give me strength.

Dave