◊ iTunes: How do you feel about it? ◊

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
I've been hearing alot about people disliking iTunes, and switching to Songbird or other Media Players. :Shouting:

So whats the problem with iTunes? and are other players better?

Personally, I think iTunes is awesome, how it integrates with the rest of Mac OS X and the balance of features, i blive theres nothing wrong with iTunes.

What do you think?

 kmkl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
At first I didn't like it at all, but since I really started messing around with it I grew to like it. If I don't feel like adding the tracks to the library, then I use VLC, otherwise iTunes works quite well.

You need another option for those of us in the middle! ;)

OP
kmkl
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
At first I didn't like it at all, but since I really started messing around with it I grew to like it. If I don't feel like adding the tracks to the library, then I use VLC, otherwise iTunes works quite well.

You need another option for those of us in the middle! ;)

what do u mean by adding tracks to the library? u mean like just playing/previewing? i see... couldn't u just use quicklook? or u dont have leo? (so many questions :p)

i thought of putting another option of Like it but... maybe i should have

(i don think i can anymore)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Best library sorter, that's it. Absolutely sucks when you want to make MP3 cds. I hate how it's proprietary, it's equalizer is ok. iTunes doesn't have much going for it other than that. It's also a big resource hog.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
what do u mean by adding tracks to the library? u mean like just playing/previewing? i see... couldn't u just use quicklook? or u dont have leo? (so many questions :p)

i thought of putting another option of Like it but... maybe i should have

(i don think i can anymore)

Quick look is a pain though. Basically a friend and I send each other tracks back and forth (DJ tracks), so I might get 30 tracks to listen to, I don't want to quicklook one after another and so on, so I throw them into VLC which makes a quick little playlist. I rarely keep them, so I don't want to add them to the library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
when i had a dell laptop i really didn't like it...but i kinda had to use it for my ipod nano...but now that i have a macbook it integrates so well with everything...i haven't tried any other players but i don't think i would be as please with others as i am with iTunes...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It's ok. I wish I could resize the window and completely customize it to my liking. I didn't vote because I don't love it or hate it.

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)

I do the exact same thing.
I wasn't too fond of iTunes at first and only used it to sync my iPod. But I came to realize how powerful an application it was!

Reaction score
It just makes owning a Mac even better. It's the greatest thing since doughnut holes. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's a great program, but like lifeafter2am, I too use VLC or Quick Look to preview music before adding the tracks to my library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Eggo said:
Absolutely sucks when you want to make MP3 cds.
Why's that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
i only miss the capability to queue up tracks...love it tho...not the best on pc's...but rock solid on macs

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
i only miss the capability to queue up tracks...love it tho...not the best on pc's...but rock solid on macs

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the whole purpose of having playlists??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Love It!

I think it's great. There's probably something I don't like about it, but nothing comes to mind.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have no real issues with iTunes at all. If I thought really hard I am sure I could come up with a few small things, but it's my favorite overall. I do feel though it's smoother on OSX than on Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
I voted "Love it" because im a heavy user of iTms which btw does an awesome job :)

jah

Reaction score
ITunes on a mac connected to a NTFS network has it limits. with a larger library it is slooooow. mediamonkey has better performance but is windows based. dosnt seem to be an alternative for the mac these days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.