Internal CD-RW needed for my G3

M

MrPencil

I have a Blue and White G3 Apple that I want to install an internal CD-RW drive. Where can I purchase this drive? I checked all of my local computer stores and electronic stores and found nothing. Please let me know where I can purchase this, and if possible what brands as well. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Any of the online Mac specific stores (MacZone, MacMall, ClubMac, etc) should give you a good idea on what's available. Once you find something that you like, check pricegrabber.com for some of the lowest prices.

If your into watching dvd's on your computer, you might want to consider a CD-RW/DVD-ROM COMBO.

Go here and set the parameters to your needs.
http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/search.drivedb.lasso
I just did it with: cd-rom, IDE and BW G3 and got 27 hits

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I believe, unless something else is now on the market, that you have to stay with Pioneer if you want an internal Superdrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.