Mac Pro with 32" lcd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
I have a toshiba 32" lcd and a hdmi - dvi connector ready to go. Mac Pro is here on Monday.

Was playing around on my pc and the video settings and I can't quite get the resolution right and the refresh rate will only stay on 60 hz, not adjustable. The screen is a bit fuzzy and I'm sure it's one of the two. Anyways, my question.

Whats my mac pro 256mb invidia 7700 or something....gonna do as far as adjustability. I'm going from dual 23" monitors from my pc to the large 32" because of spaces, so i'm really used to 2 monitors, I hope this will feel similar as far as workflow. I think it's going to be better.

What would you guys recommend for resolution?? How does the invidia handle large monitors? Can I adjust the refresh rate on the mac?

Thanks for your input. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a toshiba 32" lcd and a hdmi - dvi connector ready to go. Mac Pro is here on Monday.

Was playing around on my pc and the video settings and I can't quite get the resolution right and the refresh rate will only stay on 60 hz, not adjustable. The screen is a bit fuzzy and I'm sure it's one of the two. Anyways, my question.

Whats my mac pro 256mb invidia 7700 or something....gonna do as far as adjustability. I'm going from dual 23" monitors from my pc to the large 32" because of spaces, so i'm really used to 2 monitors, I hope this will feel similar as far as workflow. I think it's going to be better.

What would you guys recommend for resolution?? How does the invidia handle large monitors? Can I adjust the refresh rate on the mac?

Thanks for your input. :)

Unlike CRTs, LCD monitors are designed to run at a specific resolution (known as the "native" resolution). In addition, LCDs only run at 60Hz refresh rate, although there will be no noticeable flicker as there would be with a CRT.

When you plug the monitor in, the driver should automatically detect and set the correct native resolution and refresh rate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
im not sure about your screen issue...since frankly ive never used such a large screen...as far as i know the refresh rate is monitor dependent

but spaces im sure you will love...once you learn the keyboard shortcuts (which you can customize too) it's a breeze (& a welcome breeze too)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks for the info. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Yes I'm going to love it :):Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you might as well just keep your displays, monitors made to be used at tvs have a resolution of only 1900x1080 which when you compare, thats less then a 23 inch display.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm thats what I was looking for. 1900 x 1080. I'm going to try and see how well it works on that setting. The reason for being a large display is it looks top notch and is easy for a couple people to be behind me and veiw the screen no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.