Updating my old Pro Tools

Reaction score
HELPERS WANTED BEFORE I GET CRAZY!!!

I have a home recording studio. I was sequencing and tracking in Digital Performer, then recording vocals and Mixing in Pro Tools, until my computer died.

My (very) old stuff:
- 1.2 GHz Single Mac G4
- OS 9.2.2
- Pro Tools 24 Mix-Plus 5.1.1
- DAE 5.1.1
- Digital Performer 3.1.1
- MOTU Midi Time Piece AV
- Apogee AD 8000
- SBS Expansion Unit with many DSP Chips
- Aard Sync Clock
- A lot of Plug-Ins (Waves, TCE, Focusrite, Auto Tune, Vocalign, Sans Amp, Bomb Factory, Drawmer, Pitch’n Time, etc. etc.)
- Korg Trinity (keyboard) and several modules: JV 2080, Kurzweill 2500, Korg Orbit, Phatt, MoPhatt, etc.

I’m trying to upgrade or switch to something up to day but very affordable.

I’ve got a 1.25 dual Mac G4 with both OSX 10.3.9 and OS 9.2 with DP4 all ready installed.
(I also could use a dual 2.3 G5 with OSX 10.4.11)

It’s hard to me to figure out what steps I have to follow. I know that if I switch to OSX, I can’t keep using my old Pro Tools and DP, and all my plug-Ins.

I was thinkin’ about to get a small but more up to day stuff. I really don’t need more than two channels of simultaneous recording. But I’d want to have the capacity of Mix around 32 tracks, and many plug-ins. I also need to use my analog sound modules for tracking.

What about Pro Tools LE, with Apogee Duet? Are they compatibles? What else I’ll need?
(clock?, MIDI Interface?...)

Thanx in advance for any HELP!!!

Reaction score
Luis...can't really recommend anything for you. But you might try posting the same question on the Digidesign Support user forum. If anyone knows it will be the folks who hang out there.

Best of luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.