• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's the best-looking AIO computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I had a lot of time on my hands to put together a nice showcase of all-in-one computers for someone asking about buying an iMac to turn into a Windows-only machine. So I thought I'd make more use of it by polling people on what they think is the best-looking AIO.

This doesn't include the OS, because it would be no contest that way. ;) If you're intrigued by one, you can click it for more info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
THe gateway one is the worst

I am biased towards the iMac but must admit the Sony is pretty stylish

The Dell looks like the Darth Vader of AIOs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'd have to go with the Dell because I like Darth Vader ;P

The Gateway is trying too hard to be an iMac, and takes the chin problem to a whole new level. The Sony is nice, but I just really like my computers to be black.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I like the latest incarnation of the iMac, particularly because of the glossy/glass screen, even up against formidable foes like the XPS One. It would certainly be a close runner up if I was in the market for an All-in-One and the OS wasn't a deciding factor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I like the gateway, looks very stylish and Urban :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'll take the iMac, thank you very much. The look-alikes are fine, OS notwithstanding, but there's nothing like the original. Everything else is a copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
It's not in the list but I loved the black beauty of the IBM NetVista all in one's.....with a 15 inch LCD and laptop components, it looked spiffy.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I love that piano black finish so I voted for the Gateway. I forgot where I saw it, maybe Best Buy, and it was pretty eye catching. The Dell is pretty cool with the speakers on the side. It make it look like the monitor is wider.
The Ai iMacs are more modern looking than the white ones but I'd like to see one without the glass in front of the LCD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
if i was choosing one on looks alone i would probably go with the sony. to me it out of the group it looks the best

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Where's the HP one?

Yeah, I guess I forgot that one, but it's just so darn ugly!! I don't think anyone would pick it. Sorry if it was your choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey, I thought the touchscreen HP one looked pretty good. Would make for a good kitchen or living room PC.

Reaction score
I like the way the Gateway looks. It's not trying to imitate the iMac. If anything, its trying to imitate the TAM. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That's true. I forgot about the TAM PinkLemonade.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
In the Looks area i love the iMac. The Sony would be my 2nd choice followed by the Dell.

If the poll was not just looks but other factors, I would take the iMac and then the Dell. It's OSX that would be the deal breaker there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pity we could not run the Performa 5500/266 black Directors Special fitted as standard with TV, huge 96MB RAM and 4GB HDD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
The only iMac I ever liked was the G4. Apple really got that one right, but the G5 and Intel iMacs really turned me off, and the aluminum one just, well, *shudders*

No sir, I don't like it.

However, I've seen the Sony VAIO in person, and MAAAAAN, is that one pretty computer.

If it could run OS X, I'd be sold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
QFT Derek... my neighbor has one. And it was beautiful. Then I turned it on and cried. I saw the same as my lame old Vista OS. How can something look that good, but have such a crappy soul?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
To me the viao looks more like a plasma tv than a computer.
The XPS looks like something from a b grade sci fi movie.
That gateway one looks to me quite alright but they kill it with that ugly keyboard. So that screen with a black version of the apple alu keyboard and maybe that'll look good. But as it is it's ok.
And the imac. It looks good. But I much prefered the previous white version of it.

I'd have to vote for the imac. As I dunno how a slanted screen like the gateway would be. If the black chin was much smaller and the keyboard was better I'd go for it.

SO in order.

1. Imac
2. Gateway
3. Viao
4. XPS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20 in; 15" MBP 2.4 Ghz
No I like the iMac. Just was wondering about the HP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.