PDA

View Full Version : unlocking problems?

MacDad77
04-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Has anyone exprienced intermittent failure of their iPhones to unlock? For any reason? When I use either the sleep/wake button or the home button to wake the phone or with an incoming call that I'm not using the headphones for.

This problem is becoming more and more pervasive.

I plan on doing a restore tonite.

Christian

Kash
04-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Have you jailbroken your phone? I've noticed that this sort of issue crops up every once in a while with a jailbroken phone, not so much with a factory default one.

Aptmunich
04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Does it fail to wake up?
Or do you drag your finger across the screen and nothing happens?

MacDad77
04-03-2008, 02:48 PM
No, I haven't hacked it. No unauthorized mods. The malfunction happens when attemping to unlock it after waking it up using the horizontal gesture. If I re-wake it ( push the wake button twice to reload the lock screen) that usually fixes the problem. But not 100% of the time.

Aptmunich
04-03-2008, 02:53 PM
What happens exactly? You wipe the slider and then what?
Does it go back to "sleep" (black screen)?

iMlost
04-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I had a problem, like this. I hit home to wake, and either the screen would be frozen. As in, it would wake, and I'd see the time and "slide to unlock" but I couldnt unlock it. "Slide to unlock" wouldnt scroll either, as it usually does.

Or, the phone wouldnt wake at all. Screen stays black. Reset with home, and power, and that would fix it...sometimes.

MacDad77
04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
What happens exactly? You wipe the slider and then what?
Does it go back to "sleep" (black screen)?

The slider does not move with the finger so it will unlock.

Kash
04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Definitely do a restore, that should iron the problem out.

MacDad77
04-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Did a restore... Problem still exists. Though not quite as prevailent. I will try to establish exactly when it occurs or if its truly random.

MacDad77
05-15-2008, 11:53 AM
This is a rather late update but, I continued to have problems, and took the phone to the Genius Bar, failed to replicate the issue, came back the next day and they just went ahead and replaced it. So far, no issues!

MacDad