Help about unlocked iPhone. warranty

Reaction score
Hello I unlocked my iPhone so it could work with a non AT&T SIM card. Last week suddenly my screen stopped working, I can't even turn my iPhone off... I I would like to know, will they give me a new iPhone at a Mac Store?

What do I have to do, return it to its factory settings, by clicking ''Update Software'' when iTunes asks me?

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Will they replace an unlocked phone? Probably not if they found it was unlocked.

And doing a restore wouldn't wipe an unlock, you would need to do something called virginizing to bring it back to factory settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Whatever tool you used to unlock it probably has a restore button. They will never know(hopefully)

Reaction score
What tool is the best/easiest/most used tool for sim unlocking an iphone? Does this tool come with an undo option?

How easy and what tools are needed to Virginize an iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Ziphone is probably the most well known, and that has a simple re-locking tool.

Reaction score
Bad news, you are S.O.L. my friend. Apple CAN tell if you have unlocked your iPhone...and your warranty is now void because of it. If you want a new iPhone you will need to buy a new one. I forgot to mention that if you do manage to re-lock your phone, Apple will still be able to know that you did unlock it. I would suggest that you go to a third-party technician and have them fix your screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Rubbish. If your phone was software unlocked there's ways to software restore it.

Whether or not simply restoring it will remove the unlock depends on the way it was unlocked and which version of firmware you're using.

HOWEVER: The official policy is that you're not actually entitled to a warranty until you've activated the iPhone with AT & T.

Your best bet might be to activate with AT&T's pay as you go plan, get it fixed, and then cancel the plan again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Bad news, you are S.O.L. my friend. Apple CAN tell if you have unlocked your iPhone...and your warranty is now void because of it. If you want a new iPhone you will need to buy a new one. I forgot to mention that if you do manage to re-lock your phone, Apple will still be able to know that you did unlock it. I would suggest that you go to a third-party technician and have them fix your screen.

Wow, I'm speechless at the utter inanity of this post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.