can AirPort Express get G signal and produce N draft?

Reaction score
my home network currently running wi-fi G. Is it possible that AirPort Express get that G signal and produce N signal "while it works as wireless extender".

thanx in advance.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
my home network currently running wi-fi G. Is it possible that AirPort Express get that G signal and produce N signal "while it works as wireless extender".

thanx in advance.;D

I'm afraid not. As soon as the Airport Express connects to a 54g network that's what it will repeat.

In addition to this it can only extend networks that originate from another Airport Express or an Airport Extreme.

You could get 2. Connect one to your router by cable and get that to broadcast an 'N' signal then wirelessly connect to that with a second one at 'N' speeds.

You'd end up with 2 wireless networks bridged by a router.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you mrplow for your replay.

i didn't know that in only extend to the Airport extreme and another Express "that i didn't see".

But i'll look for other solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.