PDA

View Full Version : best workout & gym trax for my iPod?

chloe123
03-30-2008, 05:21 AM
... I need new music: mostly for running but also for a full gym workout...

I need some suggestions as I'm tired of listening to the same old stuff.

I tend to buy stuff on itunes, not really wanting to mess my computer with the pirate programs.......

joe.morgan
03-30-2008, 06:44 AM
What kind of music you into? I always listen to the Mash Up Mix or any house/dance music. Sometimes hip hop if its uplifting.

khalaf
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
if you want a mix of genres, download top 100 canada or top 40 UK. If u want drum and bass 2 get urself going in the gym try "dave pearce's dance anthems"

ginalyn
04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ;) ....

.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend -- "the Euro Club hits" series:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +

captaindan
04-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I always listen to some great gospel music really gets me going.
I am a little strange though.

Kash
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

I agree. I was looking for new gym music as well, and so I tried out this album my friend from England made and I've gotta admit, it's great gym music. The songs are really long, so a single album will last me the entire workout.

bryphotoguy
04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I gave this new band a try "Cut Copy." It's pretty upbeat and the CD is like $7 on iTunes.

Soulwar
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I usually go for Fuel, Sevendust, Puddle of Mudd. Throw some DMX or Eminem in the mix.
Hmmm... I think I have some rage issues...

Sobe
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
The Offspring - Greatest Hits

titina
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
slipknot the subliminal verses... if you like that kinda thing :)

zacman
04-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Get some Commander Tom or George Acosta. Tech Trance works well.

Jaygray
04-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Finger Eleven--Paralyzer
Linkin Park--Bleed it Out

The two best running songs ever! You can't help but run faster. I if I know what my finishing time will be for a race, I make a playlist with these as the last two tracks.

Also...

My Chemical Romance--Teenagers
Evanesence--Bring Me to Life
Gwen Stefani--Wind It Up
Kanye West--Stronger
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus--FaceDown
The Killers--Somebody Told Me & Mr. Brightside

Great idea for a thread! Someone tell me what I'm missing...

titina
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Linkin Park--Bleed it Out

good choice! :)

CL33Zero
04-19-2008, 01:24 AM
slipknot the subliminal verses... if you like that kinda thing :)

Thats for when you max out your power clean and bench press. Not running ;)

titina
04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Thats for when you max out your power clean and bench press. Not running ;)

hehe, i don't 'do' running but on the cross trainer i do get going with 'the blister exists'... and take it from there! :D

Avenged Origami
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
metallica = one of the early ones there fast and heavy... get u moving... :)

stayathome2earn
04-22-2008, 05:11 AM
yeah... if u like workout trance, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +

stayathome2earn
04-22-2008, 05:13 AM
yeah... if u like workout trance, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....