AirPort Express, with no internet. *help*

F

funkdis

first post...

I've had my airport express for about a year now, does exactly what I need, up until last week.
----
I disconnected my internet as I'm changing provider, and now my airport express wont even work.

I cannot share files between my pc and mac, cannot print wirelessly, or listen to itunes(which is killing).
basically the APE light is flashing orange as compared to a solid green. Even when I completely disconnected the modem to the router, is doesn't fix the problem.

Is there a way to run it as a local network?. my Internet wont be up for another 4 weeks at home.

A.

EDIT** I've been running Firmware 6.3 ever since i purchased it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
first post...

I've had my airport express for about a year now, does exactly what I need, up until last week.
----
I disconnected my internet as I'm changing provider, and now my airport express wont even work.

I cannot share files between my pc and mac, cannot print wirelessly, or listen to itunes(which is killing).
basically the APE light is flashing orange as compared to a solid green. Even when I completely disconnected the modem to the router, is doesn't fix the problem.

Is there a way to run it as a local network?. my Internet wont be up for another 4 weeks at home.

A.

EDIT** I've been running Firmware 6.3 ever since i purchased it.

What's you setup?

Airport Express connected to a 3rd party router by cable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
make sure thats its not set to bridge mode, where it would have been getting the IP addresses from your modem when you had it, rather than providing them itself to your computers.

OP
F

funkdis

I went to my local apple store, they installed the latestAirmac utility, and set it up so everything works without having the internet connected.

not sure exactly what they did, i'll have to go through the settings and save the settings to file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.