• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Carrying money

Reaction score
How do you carry around your money.

Do you put both coins, cards and notes all in a wallet or purse?
do you keep just notes & cards in a wallet/purse with coins loose in your pocket?
something different?

How much cash do you generally carry round with you as cards are increasingly more popular.

Im just curious. I put coins, notes and cards all in a wallet. I find it annoying getting coins and change out when paying as I have to go fafing around with finding the right coins in my wallet and then putting them back afterwards. I feal as if coins would just slip out of my pocket if they were loose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
All I carry around is $5 cash and a debit card.

I leave the credit card at home unless I REAAAAALLY need something, and I hate carrying cash, because you can cancel a credit card.

Someone steals cash, well, you're boned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I put it all in a wallet. Usually a 5er and a few quid in change. More cash if I'm going out that night. And my debit card of course.

Reaction score
I usually only carry a couple of dollars around. I use either a debit/credit card for all purchases. Don't like carrying cash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i usually carry between 10-40 dollars. My credit card gets used the most as i like earning the reward points. I never carry change it all goes into a change jar that when it gets full i wrap it and take it to the bank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
In a wallet like a normal person

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I used to only use my debit/check card. Then I changed to a credit card. I like getting the air miles. The other reason was to have another safety layer to my bank account. That's a big hassle if someone empties out your bank account. Even if you are covered it could cause checks to bounce and other things. Sure enough, after going on a short trip my credit card company called and said someone was calling in about my account. They said the account was considered compromised and sent me a new card right away.

jah

Reaction score
i usually dont have any cash, just a credit card
bank cards dont have as many safety nets as a credit card
i set my bank card for a zero balance and bank machine access only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
I try to have ~$20 on me just in case (in wallet). You never know when you're going to need cash. I'm sure not going to use my debit card if I hit a drive through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I never carry bills or coins around. I use my CC for all of my purchases. It keeps me from spending $$ on stuff I don't need and I can check my balance daily online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i use a money clip with with cash, drivers license and a atm card. never had a problem with it so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
Cash ( 1 to 500 dollars) and cards in my wallet and coins in the bottom of the pocket of my belt-bag were my wallet resides.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
~$100-$300 in cash and a credit card in a wallet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I never carry more than $20 or so. In a wallet, of course. All cash is good for is bribes.

~$100-$300 in cash and a credit card in a wallet
Nice! Where in NJ do you live, exactly? Do you typically carry a firearm? And do you work out often? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
I keep $10 emergency cash in my wallet. If I have to use it for something, then I replace it. But I use a credit card or check card for most purchases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I usually hit the ATM in $40 increments, though I have no problem carrying around large sums of money. I'm a pretty intimidating looking guy and my wallet is probably the only thing I've never lost in my life. Plus, I'm fiercely protective of it in any crowds.

But I don't really like carrying a wallet simply because I hate sitting on it. That and all the other junk in my pockets (keys, phone, change, camera, anything else) is a real pain. I kind of miss when I lived in China. There it's perfectly acceptable and normal for men to carry a small leather bag or satchel for all that junk. It was usually something very plain, black leather and no strap. I tried carrying one around when I got back to the states, but got tired of the sideways glances. I think men should unite and make it acceptable to men to carry around things like this again. Just stuff a bunch of tech toys in it and call it a gadget bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I just carry cards. I tend to lose/spend money easier than with a card. Plus if I lose it I can cancel it quickly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
I usually hit the ATM in $40 increments, though I have no problem carrying around large sums of money. I'm a pretty intimidating looking guy and my wallet is probably the only thing I've never lost in my life. Plus, I'm fiercely protective of it in any crowds.

With a snoopy avatar :p haha... jk. You could be like Herald(sp?) on Harold(sp?) and Kumar go to white castle... He carries around that nice looking bag!

I usually have... $0, and no check/credit card cause I'm poor. I have 12.42 in my bank account :) But I carry my wallet so I can drive! Woot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
$12.42??? Quick! Jump Him :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.