iPhone UK unlocked?

Reaction score
I have been looking around to see if you can buy the iphone unlocked and apparently you can! I dont want to go in to a fixed contract with o2 as I am i one with vodafone. At the moment I have a nokia n95 8gb and really do like the look of the iphone. Anyone else got an unlocked iphone? Any problems and did you pay a reasonable price?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Just unlock it yourself using ziphone. IT's so easy even I could d o it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24in
where do i find the ziphone link please, and thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Reaction score
i heard if you buy an "unofficial" iphone and get it unlocked you cant get all the security updates and any others, is this true? i am on orange with a nokia n73 but if that isnt true, im getting 1 tomorrow of ebay!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can get the updates, but normally have to wait for a short time after official release for it to be jailbroken/activated. For example, iPhone 2.0 is already 'jailbroken' and will be unlocked quite quickly I suspect. Then, you just restore nd update to the current version, then use the updated unlocking tool to unlock again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.