Recording on my MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| MacBook 2.1 | Core 2 Duo | 2GHz |
I've been recording a few songs on my macbook using just the iSight mic, but got tired of the poor quality and am now looking to increase the quality of the sound of my music. One day, in the unknown future [if you have a wife you might understand what I mean] I'd like to have a quality home recording studio with serious equipment. My question is how do I get decent recording done on my macbook? Or should I just wait to purchase the stuff that I would use in a studio? Sorry for the length, I'm a little frustrated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
For now get either a usb microphone or one that hooks up to the side microphone in port. I believe a usb will work better.

Reaction score
You should look into a digital recording interface, which is basically something that gets the sound from a microphone into the computer. You should also look into getting a decent microphone. A condenser microphone is really the way if you're going to use it solely for recording. You should be able to get all this started for under $300.
Basically, if you just search "recording interface" on google you will find PLENTY. Often, stores will sell the interface packaged along with all the software you need to start. Sometimes, they'll even include a good microphone along with it as a packaged deal. Just have a look around, read some user reviews, and I'm sure you'll find something in no time.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| MacBook 2.1 | Core 2 Duo | 2GHz |
I had been looking at an Echo Audiofire 8 - but I'm not sure my little macbook has enough processing capacity to pull it off - anyone know?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.