VMWare Fusion Help... ugh.

Reaction score
Mac Folks..

Hello first time fusion user here.. I have a new 20 inch iMac with a 2.4gHz processor, and wireless keyboard/mouse setup.. I've gotten windows up and running fine in bootcamp..(took a few tries to get the mouse and keyboard figured out).. Anyway, my problem lies with Fusion.. Which I thought would be the easiest part of this whole deal.. I installed fusion, and when the windows box pops up, I loose control of my mouse and my keyboard? I read somewhere that I should install the tools, but I loose control over everything faster than I can click on "install tools".. ugh.. Any suggestions on how I can get this thing working properly would be GREATLY appreciated!!

John..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
One question - why did you get windows up in Bootcamp first? And if you have it running in Bootcamp why would you want it running under Fusion too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Sorry - that's two questions!

OP
G
Reaction score
fair 'nuff...

I want fusion to work for most of my windows apps that I run frequently.. don't want to log out and re-boot.. I do have a few graphics intensive programs that I want to run, that will require boot camp.. I'm about to give up on fusion though..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Geardaddys - have you contacted their help line or checked the Fusion Forums. My installation went very smoothly without problems. I've had a few niggles since but nothing I can't live with until I can be bothered to resolve and overall I'm well pleased with Fusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
I am not sure if this is your problem but there is a key in VMF which toggles the control of keypad and mouse between the host OS (Mac) and guest OS (VMF instance).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
attachment.php

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24' Imac, 8gb Ipod Nano, 8gb Ipod touch
i was using parallels and switched to fusion because parallels kept crashing on me i used the fusion importer to import the parallels vm now can i delete parrallels or will that mess up the imported vm? i also have a second vm in fusion by accident does anyione know how to delete a vm in fusion. i cant find were to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You can delete Parallels.
Delete the second VM in the VM List window. Then find the VM's file in Finder and trash it. It's probably in ~/Documents/Virtual Machines/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.