AirPort Express Base Station with 802.11n

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if this question is going to sound completely idiotic but I'm confused with what the AirPort Express Base Station with 802.11n actually does. Is it possible to have that plugged into the wall and have my DSL cable plugged into it...then have the modem connected to my computer and have wireless internet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
The extreme is a wireless router. The only thing is with the express you only have one ethernet port on the express. So without a wired router it would be hard to have the computer and the express connected at the same time. Most modems only have one ethernet port. So a wired router to connect both express and computer to the modem would be needed. Or the other option is to get a wireless USB or PCI card for our computer and go complete wireless.

OP
J
Reaction score
so what you're saying is that if I choose to have my main computer go wireless then the Airport Express would be the thing to get

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.