Boot Camp Queston

Reaction score
I'm sure you have heard this a million times, and for the record, the people on mac forums are AMAZING

anyway, heres the ?

I have my disc partitioned with bootcamp and r33f (or something like that)

and Windows has 7g the rest is for mac, (macbook(

I want to put like 15gb on the windows part but when i go to bootcamp asst

it says "The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows."

Thank you so much! Kudos

Reaction score
The disk must not be partitioned before running Bootcamp and the first partition must be a Mac OS partition. Boot camp will then resize and create a 2nd partition to be used for Windows and then ask for the Windows CD/DVD.

OP
S
Reaction score
The disk must not be partitioned before running Bootcamp and the first partition must be a Mac OS partition. Boot camp will then resize and create a 2nd partition to be used for Windows and then ask for the Windows CD/DVD.

it is already partitioned with dual boot xp and mac.. I just want more gb on the mac part

windows only has 10gb i need to change it to like 20 without a format ^ read the message it told me agan^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
You can not resize the partitions without first restoring to a single Mac OS X partition and then re-partitioning to 2 partitions and reinstalling windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.