which size time capsual

Reaction score
Im going to be purchasing Time Capsule just for backing up purposes.

Is it necessary for me to get the 1 Tere Gig or will the 500 Gig be sufficient.

I have a 24’ Imac with a 250 meg Hard drive.

Whilst I don’t want to run out of backup space I also don’t want to waste money for no reason.

Thanks Antony Berrill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would really hope you don't have an iMac with a 250 megabyte hard drive, because I would worry you weren't getting the full OS X experience ;P

500GB is will be just fine if you want to use Time Capsule for Time Machine backups. But if you want to use it for storing media and whatnot, then the extra space wouldn't hurt. I say just buy the one you can afford.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 - 17" - 4G RAM - 150G HD
yea if you only have a 250 hd then the 500 time capsule would be able to make double backups lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It was a joke, I'm sure you have a 250GB hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ctrl click on your harddrive image on the desktop and select "get info" you should see the capacity - used - available

OP
B
Reaction score
Im a fairly new mac user (This is my first one) so thanks for the tips, im still in - Right Click my computer and then click properties.

ok my HD is only 250 meg. Guess the 500 meg time capsule will do

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you have a mighty mouse or any other non mac mouse you can right click to your hearts content =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
OP
B
Reaction score
Im trying to get out of PC mode, yes I do have a mighty mouse however I do find it a bit difficult to right click with.

I have just read some user reviews on the time capsule, they dont seem that all favorable, should I wait of the next generation or have apple users become to expect perfection.?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
where did you read the bad reviews?

I dont own one yet but in the next couple of weeks i will be getting the 1TB version to store all of my movies and music so i can WIFI all of the content to everybody in my house etc.

If your going to wait and i get one before you ill let you know what its like =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The trick to right click with the mighty mouse is to lift your left finger 'off' the mouse. It gets a little annoying at first, but within the week, you will not even realise you are lifting the finger.

As for your Time Capsule, I'd say 500GB is a fine size. You will obviously have not filled up all of that 250GB on your iMac. Also, you must be having some movies and videos on the iMac which you don't need backed up. So much less than 250GB that you are backing up the first time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.