• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Moment of Truth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
It has to be THE WORST reality/game TV show out their... I mean what! mate! It was almost embarrassing watching it, and whoever came up with it is sick, but I understand why it made air as I did watch it and it did entertain me :Oops:, but honestly this is a new low in american Television, what are your opinions on it? Do you feel the same way I do? And if so are you still entertained by it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i watched it for 1 night and hated it. yea some of the questions are really embarrassing but a commercial after every question. its ridiculous that they cant finish one person every night. that show is ran out way too long. thats just my .02

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
i watched it for 1 night and hated it. yea some of the questions are really embarrassing but a commercial after every question. its ridiculous that they cant finish one person every night. that show is ran out way too long. thats just my .02

My biggest complaint is how they make the contestants stall on a true answer...they take 30 seconds to sit there and think about a simple, non embarrassing question that is true! Thats my only major complaint on the way the show is done.....I think they show shouldn't be done at all in the first place though.

OP
The Vindicat3d
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
My biggest complaint is how they make the contestants stall on a true answer...they take 30 seconds to sit there and think about a simple, non embarrassing question that is true! Thats my only major complaint on the way the show is done.....I think they show shouldn't be done at all in the first place though.

how do you know they make the contestants stall? I thought the contestants must have just been thinking about whether they were nervous or not when they answered the question on the poly, because if they were than they should answer the opposite of whatever they said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I seen it for the first time tonight, and I thought it was kind of pointless. I don't watch reality tv or any tv at all really because most of it is garbage (to me).

I just don't get the point of the show, ask some one dirty little secrets and then see if they lie, woopdie dooo!! I'd rather watch paint dry.

k3s

Reaction score
You beat me to it.
It's a horrible show. The whole set up and concept of it, i saw it one time and was repulsed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I agree that it is a new low in television, which seems to be the goal of these programs any more. But the saddest thing is that it's just a reflection of our society and what people really want. It makes me weep for the future.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
From what I understand, the questions have already been made based on profiles done on the contestants prior to the show, and the contestants have had opportunity to discuss the matters with their families. Much like with the more shocking talk shows like Jerry Springer, much of the on-screen drama is scripted and carefully orchestrated.

I do agree that this is absolutely trash TV and find it hard to believe that it would have made it onto TV had it not been for the writer's strike. But hey, they've got to fill the time slots somehow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
how do you know they make the contestants stall? I thought the contestants must have just been thinking about whether they were nervous or not when they answered the question on the poly, because if they were than they should answer the opposite of whatever they said.

Because they stall at the wrong times...they stall on very easy answers and do not appear to be contemplating anything except maybe counting to 10 and then answering like they've been instructed to do in order to build suspense

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Because they stall at the wrong times...they stall on very easy answers and do not appear to be contemplating anything except maybe counting to 10 and then answering like they've been instructed to do in order to build suspense

That sort of thing is reality TV 101. They think it creates more drama, but it's really just about the most annoying thing in the world. Even if the person doesn't stall, they can extend the moment by inserting scenes of the audience, the host, other people on the show, even shots of the person in question from other moments in the show.

Watch this Youtube clip on reality TV editing and you'll never believe anything they show on "reality" TV again. (and if you actually did before, shame on you!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
ugh, I watched a little bit of the first show. It's all about making something out of nothing. All 100% scripted, even the commercials. Even those are bogus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I think this show is like a bad car wreck. It's horrible to watch, but I can't look away. These people KNOW what they're getting themselves into when they sign up and this show is brutal when it comes to personal questions. I find it mildly entertaining when I feel like watching people make fools of themselves. Hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That's kinda true iLindzo. I saw all these commercials where that blonde model that was on last night answered all these brutal questions that should have ended her relationship with the guy and I flipped on the TV and she failed the last question and got no money.
Not only did she make a total mess of herself, she got no $$ for doing it.

I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of the show though. If they could recap it in 1 minute, maybe it'd be fun to watch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I heard in england (where the show started with a different name) they had to stop the taping of the show because they had to arrest the girl for admitting to doing something illegal.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like you guys are better than I am. I did not watch it more than five minutes. I believe the worst stuff on television is reality television. Which is not reality, but scripted.

I tend to watch more of the discovery channels, than regular television or put on a movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Reality TV is what happens when broadcasting companies get too lazy and complacent to actually produce something with educational or entertainment value. Id rather see grass grow than see that trash.

Reaction score
I watch it because I think it's funny when the people WRECK their lives and walk out with NO money.
It's annoying when they actually get money.
If i'm going to have to watch it, they're going to have to wreck their lives.
It's only fair.
It makes me happy when a perfectly good life gets wrecked by "reality"tv.
They know what they're getting into, there's no reason for any of us to feel bad about laughing when someone admits to cheating on their spouse!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.