I should know this but I don't v.browser issues

Reaction score
As a mac user since the late 80's you'd think I'd know the mac inside and out. Truth is, I rarely do anything with my mac except work.

I bought a slightly used imac running OS X 10.4.11. I love the speed (2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo) and size (24") compared to my old imac.

However lately I've been having an issue whenever I switch from one website to another via my favorites in Bookmarks. I don't close the old site, instead I simply open Bookmarks and select a new saved site. My imac use to do this almost instantly when I first brought it home a few weeks ago. Now, the machine takes way too long to make the switch to the new site, sometimes taking 15-30 seconds. The browser seems to get hung up trying to open it. It's quicker for me to simply close the old website, click "bookmarks" and open a new saved favorite. The new website launches quickly, like it's suppose to.

What can I do to fix this? I may have caused this issue when I screwed up the settings a bit when I tried to delete some Windows tools (which i can't delete or remove from the trash now). Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: my imac doesn't do this all the time, but lately it seems like it's been happening more and more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
What browser are you using??

If you're using Safari try doing the up grade to 3.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.