• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Blog Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Hello Mac-Forum goers, I thought I'd create a thread for everyone to post their blogs in.

You should include a link to your blog, a short description if you'd like and why you made yours.

I'll start first.

I created it to just to get my stuff out their and give people my view on things in the form of poetry or some other sort of literacy, enjoy and leave some comments, make sure to check out all the entries it may seem like an unreasonable request now but you will find the reasoning vindicated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
http://www.ryandowling.com/blog/

I started it because when people look at my portfolio site, I want them to get a sense of who I am. I don't write a lot of personal stuff there, such as what I think about topics and things. It's more of a general I did this today and that yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
www.beambeam1.blogspot.com

Created because my friend said it would be right up my street, apparently I have a way of telling stories and a stunning turn of phrase... it's been on the go for over 2 years now and I love looking back at older posts to see just how things have changed in my life since then. Sometimes I'll give a wee update of how I am for family and friends to keep up to date with how I am, other times I will just post random musings about things that are going on all around me... most people have loved my search for more starfruit ones in recent months.

Not been on it much lately, been busy romancing a new girl in my life and all that! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
http://thydarkages.blogspot.com

It's just something like a diary where I just blabber on and on about my life, nothing particularly interesting in that sense. Hah.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Hello! I've been interested in starting my own blog for a while, and recently picked up a book to learn some HTML. I was wondering if u guys could give me a few tips. Like who are u guys going through to run ur site. Whats a reasonable price to pay and that sort of stuff. I was looking at yours, Ryan Dowling, and ive seen quite a few styled the same way. Are you paying some one to host ur site?

- Sorry for changing the focus of this intended thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I have three. I will only show you one :)
www.webveteran.com/blog
Desc: Everything ColdFusion, AJAX, JavaScript, MySQL, MS SQL and web programming in general.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Hello! I've been interested in starting my own blog for a while, and recently picked up a book to learn some HTML. I was wondering if u guys could give me a few tips. Like who are u guys going through to run ur site. Whats a reasonable price to pay and that sort of stuff. I was looking at yours, Ryan Dowling, and ive seen quite a few styled the same way. Are you paying some one to host ur site?

I have my own hosting, I got it at a place called apisnetworks.com. If you have never hosted a site before I wouldn't recommend them because their control panel is pretty tough to figure out.

I know there are some free hosting sites out there where you could host a blog. I downloaded WordPress and installed it on my server, and then found a template I liked and edited that.

If I knew CSS I would have designed my own, but since I don't know it I had to go with editing someone's.

You could also go the route of signing up at a place like blogspot or wordpress hosts blogs as well. I would probably do that until you are comfortable enough to create your own, then you should be able to save the data and import it to your new blog.

OP
The Vindicat3d
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

If you buy a new Mac, you also get a program called iWeb for free. This program is great, no HTML needed just drag and drop. I use iWeb along with my .Mac account and it works great, you can also use it with other web hosters, do a google search you'll find plenty. I think I pay around $20 a year for hosting and another $10 for the URL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Goobimama's Soggy Blog

A personal blog actually. Started it like four years ago. I write some light bits out stuff that happens in life in general. Do check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
This forum and it's sad rules. Thank god you warned me. Cause other big mr would have given me a infraction or some other useless thing like that.

As for seeing stars, well, apparently I'm not even allowed to explain myself (or so says the latest infraction)

OP
The Vindicat3d
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha wow OK, sorry about that goob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have a company blog (Just started it).. I thought it would be a good idea for clients to be able to read about the creative lives of the people who will be working on their projects. Not for the employees to write about problems with their girlfriends / boyfriends, or the latest party they went to, but to talk about what their last project was and how it went, what they are working on now, things pertaining to company life, and other professional work they are doing.

http://blog.exquisite-video.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.