• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Web code locks up iPhones and iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9896831-1.html

Just saw this and thought it would be good for others to know about this if you're worried about such things. There's no specific web sites mentioned to avoid, but at least it mentions the best way to avoid getting your Apple product locked up when surfing the web. If anyone else has more information on this issue, please post it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If all it can do is freeze the iPhone or iTouch, that doesn't seem like a big issue. Sites that have this exploit are probably ones people shouldn't be visiting anyways.
Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Bry I might have to disagree with you there. I had this happen to me a couple of time before on my iTouch but I never got concerned with it. And it happened to me while I was browsing the Web Apps for the iTouch and it was just Lights Out for Safari and it brought me back to the Home Screen.

Can't remember which web app it was that their website caused this, but it was kinda annoying nonetheless.

Thanks for the heads up fleurya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That happens all the time on my phone and it has happened since day one. The browser will close at least twice a day for no reason visiting this site. I've also had the browser completely freeze and lock me completely out of my phone a handful of times on this site.
Safari for the iPhone/ iTouch still isn't as reliable as the full version. Just because the browser closed, it doesn't mean it's because of the exploit.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've heard a lot of complaints about Safari constantly crashing and iPhones locking up and forcing restarts, but I've never had any of those problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I figured it happened with everyone. It happened a lot more on my first phone. But it's not a big issue to me. 3 crashes a day isn't anything for the amount I use my phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.