Temperature of Mac

Reaction score
Hey, First post!

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum ..

So I just bought a Macbook, which I'm loving and like a lot of people I'm worried about the temperature of my Mac. So I've done lots of reading up on this subject and took the steps recommended by another 'forumer' (Download iStat Pro).

But my problem is, when people are discussing this and they say for example- 'Should be about 50 C', which temperature are they referring to? I have 8 readings, but have no idea which they mean, or are they referring to all the temperatures should be around 50c?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if this has been posted before, just chuck me a link.

Thanks
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
hey, the temperature is roughly 50 degrees at starup, but it usually gos to about 60 when working. if you get smc fan control, you can know how hard your fan is working and what temperature your computer is at. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hey, First post!

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum ..

So I just bought a Macbook, which I'm loving and like a lot of people I'm worried about the temperature of my Mac. So I've done lots of reading up on this subject and took the steps recommended by another 'forumer' (Download iStat Pro).

But my problem is, when people are discussing this and they say for example- 'Should be about 50 C', which temperature are they referring to? I have 8 readings, but have no idea which they mean, or are they referring to all the temperatures should be around 50c?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if this has been posted before, just chuck me a link.

Thanks
:)

It's likely the CPU temp that's being referred to.

50c to mid-60s is normal. I'd only be concerned if the CPU temp is heading towards 70c.

Like DrDoof says it will increase gradually after startup and under load.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.