trying to print a newsletter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I need help. I just bought an HP Officejet Pro K8600 printer. It will print on 11X17 paper. I am trying to print a newsletter for my Homeowners Association. I want page 1 and page 2 (both 8.5X11) to sit side by side on the 11X17 paper so that I can fold it and have a newsletter. If I change the page setup to 11X17 it thinks each page is 11X17 and can't fit side by side on the 11X17 paper. If I set the page to 8.5X11 it fits side by side on the 11X17 page but shrinks each page to 4.5X6.25 even though the page size I choose is 8.5X11. I can't find a way to not let it shrink the pages. I tried it in Apple Pages and Microsoft Word.

Does any else print newsletters? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you need to have the pages set as

4 1
2 3

FRom pages setup the page as 11 x 17 landscape

select print and select layout from the Copies and pages menu, select 2-up and no border.

Press Preview rather than print to see if those settings have worked

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Thank you for your quick reply. I just tried the setting you suggested. It put all 4 pages of the newsletter on the front of 1 page and each page is approximately 3.25X4.5 now. I know I need to put two pages on one side of the paper and two pages on the back side of the paper. I have automatic duplexing. I know it needs to be 4 1 on the front side and 2 3 on the back side. My problem is keeping the pages of the newsletter 8.5X11. For some reason they keep shrinking to 4.5X6.25. I definitely appreciate the help. I don't think it matters but I am using Apple's Pages on an iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
if you can get print preview to get you a PDF with the pages in the right oder, but the wrong size, then we are half way there

Download acrobat reader

open up your 4.5 x 6.25 file in Acrobat reader.SEt the page layout to the desired size (8.5 x 11) and from print select fit to printer margins

The preview will tell you how the print will look

Not an ideal solution but might get you out of a tight spot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.