FTP apps, Networking, and the Such

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 2GB RAM Leopard
I've tried looking through the threads but haven't found what it is I am looking for. I want to run my MBP 2.4 GHz with an FTP server app, and am curious as to which app would be the easiest/ best when working between windows and Mac. I am guessing that there shouldn't be any real problem with FTP.

I have been trying to network my mac running 10.5 with one computer running XP, and one running Vista, and a Mac Pro running 10.4. The macs love each other but the PC's don't recognize the Mac on the network. I've tried setting up workgroups but don't really understand it all that well. I've gone through my file sharing settings on my computer and that of my roommates, and I have made sure to activate them but no dice.

I'm sure I haven't provided enough information and may not know what else people would need to know. So, for those who know something that could help, I welcome the comments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You can get the Windows PCs and the Macs to talk to each other and share files without any additonal software. My wife's old Dell had direct access to her user account on the Mac and worked like a charm. Here's a page that should have all the details you need to set this stuff up right:
http://www.mac-connect.com/

OP
Imastupidaso
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 2GB RAM Leopard
thanks dude, I'll give that a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.