Linux and Boot Camp Troubleshooting

Reaction score
The other day I burned Linux Ubuntu 7.1 on a CD. I decided to partition my HD using Boot Camp, so when Boot Camp asked me to insert a Windows CD I inserted my Linux one instead :Grimmace: . It worked out fine at first but after I restarted my MacBook I couldn't boot on my Mac HD anymore. I held the option key and saw only 1 HD which was Mac HD... strange :Oops: . So then I booted that HD and went on Boot Camp again to restore my partition to a single volume and it wouldn't let me! :Shouting: I have tried everything on Disk Utility to restore my partition but no luck... Help would be very appreciated (I only have a 92 GB HD now cause of that...:Angry: )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Boot off your Mac Install DVDs and then launch disk utility from the menu bar. Repair the disk. It should detect that the free space is not correct and resolve your problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Erasing free space using Disk Utility...

I think I found a solution to my Linux partition problem! ;D The thing is that I am not sure if it's gonna work... :| What will happen if I click Erase Free Space using Disk Utility, on my Mac HD? :Grimmace: Is it safe? I need advice for that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged common topics from same OP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.