Time Capsule Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
Hi all,

I am using a single (1TB) Time Capsule as the Time Machine backup drive for several Macs. As none of them are 80211N capable, I made the initial backups by connecting them via ethernet cable and configuring the TC accordingly. The problem comes when I want to switch the TC back into Airport mode. The only way I've been able to do this is to hold the reset button in for 5 seconds and return it to the default settings! Surely there's a better way?

Secondly, I'm concerned about the amount that's being backed up. I'm not making many changes yet each day 500MB of data is being backed up. Does anyone have any idea what non-critical data I can exclude from the backups. Just had a though - Does it backup my RSS feeds and, if so, could this account for the large amount of data being backed up each day?

Reaction score
Is there a way schedule the backups, maybe daily or weekly? Hourly seems like overkill. Apple is all about being user friendly, hourly backups doesn't make any sense for the average consumer. Businesses may benefit from this.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
Is there a way schedule the backups, maybe daily or weekly? Hourly seems like overkill. Apple is all about being user friendly, hourly backups doesn't make any sense for the average consumer. Businesses may benefit from this.

The backups run in the background and the process is almost invisible. Re:The hourly backups; if I'm working on a long document or complex spreadsheet, I want to back it up as I work on it and not wait to the end of the day/ week. In fact I often click the Backup Now button, between auto backups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.